new member, first time 80cc bicycle kit.

relaxxx

Local time
9:34 AM
Hi. I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada. New to bike kits. I got one of those 80cc Kits from china. I found this place while looking for some answers. Main trouble with installation is I can not find a pedal crank that fits. I used an angle grinder to take off nearly half of the thickness of the pedal arms to get past the motor. That was a bad idea for as soon as I started pedaling it started bending. Another issue was the throttle, carb pin spring thing. They don't give too much detail in how to hook it up correctly. I could have swore the throttle control should twist forward and not backwards, unless I have one that should go on the left side but it only works in one direction. The throttle has the yellow kill switch on it. The clutch lever slipped like crazy until I cut some notches for it to sit in the neutral position. Last issue I'm having is how to mod the exhaust, it says take baffle out and drill two holes in the pipe. I removed the two screws at the bottom of the muffler but the baffle part won't budge at all.

Take the 2 screws out of the muffler. Grab the tail piece with a vice grips, then lightly tap on the side of the vice grips with a hammer and it will drop right out. Your throttle is supposed to turn toward you to accelerate (just like a motorcycle does). I think you may have assembled something incorrectly. Do a search on carbs and you will find some good pics on how the barrel/pin assembly goes together. As far as the pedal clearance issue goes, you may need to post a picture before we can help on that. You will find everything you need to know here just keep after it. Oh and, welcome to the forum!! Peace

Another issue was the throttle, carb pin spring thing. They don't give too much detail in how to hook it up correctly. I could have swore the throttle control should twist forward and not backwards, unless I have one that should go on the left side but it only works in one direction.

Sounds like the cable is wound around the throttle grip backwards.
I built many a mini-bike in my youth. They can be wound either way.
You might have to take apart the grip and move it to the other side of the stop.

-J.R.-

Last edited:
Welcome to MBc. If you need parts, I think Chris Hill is located somewhere on that side of the continent. He has a reputation for good quality control too. I don't know if he sells parts, but it might be worth a try.

http://www.chrishill.myknet.org/

Hi Welcome to MBc!

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D}

Thanks for the advice. I was able to Remove the baffle with vice grips on the small pipe and tapping it out with a hammer. I couldn't resist running the motor without any baffle, Wow, what a sound!

I went for my first "big ride" today, about 7km. I'm glad I turned around when I did because half way home I looked down and the motor was jumping all over the place, nuts falling off and gas flying all over the place!! Looks like keeping the bike together is going to be a challenge. I found out the proper position for turning the gas off though.

Back