New member from Argentina with some Qs!!

Y

yayo65

Hi im Federico from Buenos Aires, i took my time and read all the forum, its really awesome.

I want to motorize my MTB bicycle with the 48cc chinese engine, but im worried about the reliability of this asian dude.

The engine is the one painted black, im not worried about problems related to carb, ingnition, gas leaks or air suck, my only concern is the engine....

In the forum i read the most engine failures occurs on 70cc, like the upper rod bushing that wears prematurely... this happens in the 48cc??

thanks

Federico

hi yayo65...brief answers (my opinions): most bushing probs come from overworking the engine & using too "dry" a pre-mix ratio. i think the same thing would occur with any size engine if abused.

some new 70's are being delivered with bearings instead of bushings. ask the seller before buying: http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=2425

welcome to MBc 8)

thanks for your welcome!

im not planning to abuse the engine...yet no im kidding, just regular urban transportation, no hillclimbs or long periods of use.

i think the break in period it should be for 200 miles or so with a 16:1 mix ratio, with semi or synthetic oil, premium fuel, what do you think? and of course replace all the intake and exhaust gaskets i heard nothing but bad commentaries about them.

doy you know the size of the replacement bearing for the 48cc??

bye
Federico

easy there, big fella...take those techie questions to the proper forum, please?

there's lots of talk already going about those topics...

please find a thread that addresses what you want to know about, and post your questions there as a "reply" :)

augidog said:
"sorry" 's aren't necesssary, folks, i'm doing my job is all :)

of course, but it's my fault, if everyone posts wherever they want, the forum would be a mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back