New member from Delray Beach, Florida

you can search the memberlist by location, but not everyone includes that detail in their profile. i see you're already active in the "traveling" section...right-on! try posting a lil something in "let's ride" and see who you come up with...if you manage to organize a ride, please request plenty of (free) MBc stickers from Tom :)

welcome to MBc :cool:

Thanks for all the welcoming guys! I wish I knew about ya'll a while back when I first started tinkering on my bicycles... *sniffle sniffle* *tear* I think I found where I belong... :LOL::LOL::rolleyes:

Welcome

I am more glad to have you here than I can say. I've often wished that more GEBE site reviewers were on MBc, since they represent a considerable amount of experience.

But I'm especially glad to have *you* on board, because your review was the inspiration for me to try and GEBE-ify my own Elektra Townie 3. I eventually abandoned the 3 speed as too hard to GEBE-ify and purchased the Elektra Townie 21 with derailluer.

http://motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=5750

I have very often wondered about your wheel building experiments and I hope, over time, you will start a new thread and take us through your saga step by step, with all the exhausting details. The issues that you've encountered have come up quite a few times on MBc, and many of us could benefit from your experience.

I still have my Townie 3 speed (like you, I love the Elektra Flatfoot frames) and if I put a stronger motor on there, maybe I could get by with a single speed. But I would still have to solve the problem of building a tough rear wheel with a hub that can fit the narrow rear fork on that bike, without drilling out the hub or bending the frame!

Welcome again and I look forward to reading your rackmount thread if possible.

-Sam

Back