New member in Spain with some questions.

O

orspain

Hello from a new member, American living in Spain, my handle here will be orspain.

First off kudo's to the moderators and community for a well-run and very informative forum.

I recently purchased a vintage (maybe 1975?) German bike: 28" x 1.5 rims with Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires, Sachs 3-speed internal hub with coaster brake, front dual pivot rim brake, factory mudguards and lights. "Standard" V-frame from that era (looks Raleigh-ish). I'd like to put a motor on it.

I see a fair amount of motorized and ebikes at my place of work which is what got me interested. Very few DIY. If anyone has words about suppliers here in Europe I would be most grateful if you sent me a PM.

Since I put a child carrier on the rear rack I've been looking at frame mount options. Friction mount would require getting rid of the nice chrome mudguards. I started to look at options from Staton and I like the rear axle mount, for example. I also really like what I see from Sick Bike Parts with the jackshaft kit, but from what I understand it's not possible with the coaster brake. I'll try to contact SBP directly to see what they say.

I'll try to post a picture in a separate thread, in the hopes that I can get some suggestions.

Thanks for listening!

Back