New member, Long time reader. Skyhawk build questions.

Hello all. Ive been reading and researching on this forum for over a year now, and id like to thank everybody for anything I've gained! Ive built my personal bike and ride it with pride (I've attached pics)! Im currently working on a more simple second build for a friend. However I'm eyeing up my next build for myself. It will be on a Skyhawk frame. Going for the look of the Vintage Electric brand bikes, if anyones familiar with those beauties..Im wondering if anybody has any input as to the best complete cruiser to buy to use parts off of. I plan on using triple tree forks, disk brakes and things of that nature. But things like wheels, tires, crank sets, etc. Im deciding if buying a donor bike or buying separate parts would be best. Both for my time and more importantly my wallet. Look forward to responses, thanks! IMG_0312.jpgIMG_0286.jpgIMG_0277.jpg

Schwinn123:
Your bike turned out really nice.
Regarding the Skyhawk frame, this last summer I built my bike using the GT2A frame, and I'm really happy with it. I only wish my TIG welds looked half as nice as those on my frame. The only downside is that when people see the thing, they assume I did the aluminum welds, and I have to admit I didn't.
Attached is a picture I have shown in another thread somewhere.

Attachments

• AR Special small.jpg
    AR Special small.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 300
Thanks art, that thing looks great as well. Did you buy everything separate or did you use parts off another bike. Im really trying to figure out if theres a good priced cruiser out there with decent enough parts (wheels, tires, cranks, misc stuff) to take them and use them on the skyhawk frame.

Pretty much everything is separate. I used parts from two or three donor bikes to get the set-up I wanted, an engine kit, shift kit, various hop-up parts etc. plus quite a bit of fabrication. - But htat's what I like about these things. - You can actually build up a really neat machine if your willing to work at it, and you don't have to be a millionaire to do it.

Back