New Member - Metal Fabricator & Welder

Duffmeister

Local time
10:51 PM
I am an experienced Metal Fabricator and Welder as well as a Master Electrician who is semi-retired and lives in Wisconsin.

I am interested in building some Motored bikes - Currently looking at the
Grubee Race 80/66cc Silver Skyhawk Angle Fire Bicycle ( 1GRU66SSHAF )
With the 80/66cc CNS V2 Racing Carburetor - Any Opinions ?

Does anyone out there have experience with this engine kit the vendor:
pistonbikes.com ?

Hi and welcome.

Only thing is the carb. People here have been having a great deal of trouble with the CNS V2. Mine's the V1. The main difference as far as I can tell is I have a tube that runs from the bottom of the bowl to a barbed vent tube up by the 2 control cables, the newer ones don't. It's supposed to be the fuel circuit for the enrichment-style of choke. To take the barbed vent off means there has to be a drilled internal passage for the fuel....or not :p

I got my CNS carb last fall from BGF. I'd order one again. I MIGHT be 1 of the few that has done better with the CNS that the stock which I could never get to idle :p

Thanks for the info on the Carb - External Bottle

Thanks again for the info on the carb.

Have seen an accessory that gathers atomized fuel air mixture in an external bottle - It evidentially helps to keep the engine with enough atomized gas so it run better at idle and makes the engine smoother.

I am also a big fan of using Stihl Ultra 2 Cycle oil ( Made for 15,000 RPM Chainsaws) really keeps engines clean and carbs happy. Also use Stabil all the time.

Duffmeister

Ah, yeah, the Boost Bottle. Debate rages on as to weither it works or not. I have one, many do not. They have entered the realm of personal preference.

I prefer to have one :cool:

--- CNS inlet manifolds often snap.
--- Though, these things respond well to any bigger carby other then the athesmatic 50cc NT with the round black filter box found in most 66-80cc kits. But Skyhawk delivers well with proper carbys
---Stock gearing (44 - 50 T rear) is over-rev junk with very low speed torque gains.
36 is good streetable with a bit of pace but could go less teeth for more fun, but a bit more semi-peddeling.
--- A bit of cutting and/or drilling on the outlet tube of the stock muffler baffle also helps increase rev range- just dont open the final exit diamiter and back preasuure should be OK, just give the exhuast gas flow a slightly more direct route, Gotta go way to far cutting to make it proper loud.
---Your a welder, you'll nail the rest!! suprize us.

Back