New Member - PK80 66cc 26" Bayside

Cheap bike, has a nice steel frame otherwise cheap. Looks good, though.
I've seen a lot of people slap engines on this same bicycle and wanted to kinda improve on that. This is what I ended up with...

20170308_171141.jpg

My bad on all the boxes, we just moved a while back and that's the burn pile by the door.

Nice, i just got lucky and found the bike on clearence. I like that paint job though i was thinking about trying to do something similar but im not a great painter lol.
Prismatic coating I paid to have done. All over the entire bike and engine.
00v0v_3KRNfplD08T_600x450.jpg

PK80s have always started first try with me, what issues are you having if any?
My problems are with the chain. I just need a master link but i haven't been able to find one the right size. Other then that its ready to run.

My problems are with the chain. I just need a master link but i haven't been able to find one the right size. Other then that its ready to run.
415H master link can probably be found at your local hardware store (not a chain store but your mom's and pops store)

edit: but then again there is always eBay. Lol.

Nice looking bike so far. I almost bought that bike for my first build too, but I didn't like the brakes and the fenders seemed like they were cheaply installed, probably just the fault of the guy at Walmart that put it together. I ended up buying the margaritaville bike instead and love it so far.
20170308_1750221.jpg

Nice looking bike so far. I almost bought that bike for my first build too, but I didn't like the brakes and the fenders seemed like they were cheaply installed, probably just the fault of the guy at Walmart that put it together. I ended up buying the margaritaville bike instead and love it so far.View attachment 75920
Digging the muffler! Mine is pretty much a high up mini expansion chamber straight piped afterwards. Loud and mean sounding. Bet yours purrs though! I may need to get a black one...

Digging the muffler! Mine is pretty much a high up mini expansion chamber straight piped afterwards. Loud and mean sounding. Bet yours purrs though! I may need to get a black one...
Thanks I modified a banana pipe type muffle and made the rest myself. Just used the banana pipe for the expansion chamber, it does sound good and has some low end power. I like making my own parts if I can, but eventually I want the sbp expansion chamber exhaust.

Thanks I modified a banana pipe type muffle and made the rest myself. Just used the banana pipe for the expansion chamber, it does sound good and has some low end power. I like making my own parts if I can, but eventually I want the sbp expansion chamber exhaust.
Ahh, the ol' coffee can muffler! I can respect someone who makes their own parts but I usually don't do that myself! I am however working on a cargo/passenger conversion trailer reminiscent of those old hotdog or ice cream carts pulled by bike. Imagine one of those in red and black with a bumpin Bluetooth stereo system with a woofer powered by a car battery.

That would be interesting to see haha. I thought about trying to make a side car for my dog to ride in. Seems like a difficult thing to make but I could probably start with the frame from one of those trailers u put kids in to ride them behind you on your bike. Custom stuff like this is what makes it fun for me. R u in lower or upper MI?

Back