New member / project in Utah

D

DutchDude

Hi guys & gals,

Just got started with this project - well, at least ordered stuff :)

This forum is awesome, and I know it will become a great resource.

Here is the bike I just aquired, not the greatest quality, but I am experimenting at this point :cool: :

BLK25-CRUISER.jpg

I hope the spokes are not going to cause me too much of a headache...

This is the 70cc kit that I am using, got it from somebody who got discouraged, but I think the kit is from a regular contributor here (thatsdax?):

kit.jpg

So, three questions already:
- I have read people mark the engines to read 49 cc. Can somebody post some pics of how this looks? I presume you kinda make up a part number?
- I have seen a cool flexible exhaust pipe (The Hornet), anybody know where to get this pipe?
- People are mentioning "Of course I did the 4 standard mods", after searching, I don't see standard mods :) can somebody send me a hint?

I am getting excited !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi...& Welcome to MBc!!

To find the answers to your questions, bring them up in the threads where you saw the specific info.

Our "Search" feature also helps bunches.

We all share the same excitement with these bikes!!

Thanks!

I do know how to use the search function - while I might be new to this forum, I am an active member of several others.

Those were the questions I have left after searching and reading this forum since 8:00 this morning :) Seeing some amazing pics of some great looking bikes. I only hope that I can have my first one look remotely as good.

Anyway, if you do have specific answers, then I am all ears! Or a PM would be great.

ps. Engine is arriving Saturday !

To find the answers to your questions, bring them up in the threads where you saw the specific info.

once again...great to have ya here.

we try to keep the tech talk to a minimum in the intros.
There is a ton of help here.
Questions are best asked in the proper forums. This helps to build our knowledge base & it makes our info more searchable.

your choice of bicycle gets my vote!! I dig the cruisers!!
small talk is cool in here....:D

i think that question is best asked in general discussion or tech/mech help, just as 'davo (a moderator) has been very nicely tryin' ta tellya...
srdavo said:
Questions are best asked in the proper forums. This helps to build our knowledge base & it makes our info more searchable.

the "great resource" that is MBc is all the people before you who posted...you can help the next new builder by pitching in, too...please use the proper forums...welcome.

Utah also

Welcome Dutch,
I just completed my project, and love literally "riding into the sunset" here in Utah. Where are you located? I am near Ogden and would be happy to answer any questions here or locally. This forum has been an invaluable resource. My biggest problem (not really a problem) is I spend more time talking to "spectators" than riding my bike. I even have people flag me down as I ride through the neighborhoods!

Back