new member [safticycle]

what do you think of this idea?

• Total voters
R

retro_racer

I just wanted to say thanks for the response to my toy in the gallery.Then say a few words about my next project. The plan is to build the worlds fastest safticycle.If you havent seen a safticycle I posted a picture.The idea was born after looking at the worlds fastest Whizzer bicycle.I posted a picture of it also.With some help from a friend Chad I will have exact measurements for the safticycle frame.In case anyone should want one of these.I'm planning on building a jig to make them.They should be avalable for the person who would like something different. Rod
1028_safticycle_001_1.jpg

1028_WhizzerTwin_1.jpg
:eek:

please vote

I could use some imput here.Is it a good idea? will it work?how fast should it go?What do you think?

So what you are wanting to build is a twin engine version of the bike in the top photo? As long as that frame could hold up to the stresses, the sky is the limit.
I'd personally shoot for the ton.

How fast is the "worlds fastes Whizzer"?

Thats correct Joe,and thats what I want to build.Or even a realy big single motored version would be ok.As long as its realy fast,and streamlined. I think the whizzer ran about 80mph they could only make one pass.They didn't want to over tax the 60 year old engines.

I quite like that safetycycle design. Imagine this: 2 rear wheels, outboard of that box frame around the engine, and an old tractor style seat on a spring steel U. All of the rest being just as pictured.

I'm gonna sketch that up.

safticycle plans ?

I just wanted to say thanks for the response to my toy in the gallery.Then say a few words about my next project. The plan is to build the worlds fastest safticycle.If you havent seen a safticycle I posted a picture.The idea was born after looking at the worlds fastest Whizzer bicycle.I posted a picture of it also.With some help from a friend Chad I will have exact measurements for the safticycle frame.In case anyone should want one of these.I'm planning on building a jig to make them.They should be avalable for the person who would like something different. Rod

1028_WhizzerTwin_1.jpg
what ever happened on this project? anyone have any diagrams of safticycle frame ? parts diagrams? thank you.

1028_WhizzerTwin_1.jpg
I know this is an old post, just wondered if it ever got going?

Just noticed the original photos weren't working in here, my fault I was cleaning up files on the server and I removed the folder containing the old user profile photos :geek: That's what backups are for!

Back