New member to the pack.

5500-6000 rpm is about the max cut off before parts start flying. (although I've run my 100cc engine constantly over 6800rpm with zero issues, until i sold it to by buddy)

the first thing to go on engines is usually the rod, then its flywheel.

i think you should be fine, just remove the plastic governor gear internally as that can shatter and cause stuff to break.

id also get valve springs as well, just watch the tach and don't try to over-rev the motor if you can help it.
Big thanks to you guys Chainlube and Mark20 for the knowledge. I'm thinking about just removing the gov. gear and doing the billet rod and springs. then setting the throttle stop to 5500 and cross my fingers on the flywheel. Might look on ebay to see if anyone is selling kevlar cups.

Big thanks to you guys Chainlube and Mark20 for the knowledge. I'm thinking about just removing the gov. gear and doing the billet rod and springs. then setting the throttle stop to 5500 and cross my fingers on the flywheel. Might look on ebay to see if anyone is selling kevlar cups.
keep in mind, when you remove the govener you need to make a new throttle linkage (or add a return spring at the very least) since the governor would not push back the throttle

I've found out these engines are HARD to kill, (my stock internal 100cc motor over 6800rpm with zero issues.) but i say ease up to it and then try pushing the limits, be sure to change your oil more frequently as well, and don't cheap out.

Lol, kevlar cups.:)

Back