New member w/ Honda GX35 staton chain drive on Nuvinci hub

Last I heard, Staton was analyzing the gear to see if it would be covered under warranty. I will update as I get more info from Rick...

The gear only costs:

http://www.staton-inc.com/store/products/Gear_60_tooth_1_2_thick-878-27.html

not heat treated.:geek:

FWIW, Staton modified his website and reduced prices on many items. His twin-enginedbox is now being offered separately, and at a GREAT price:

http://www.staton-inc.com/store/products/Twin_Engine_18_75_to_1_reduction_Gear_box-957-27.html

Last edited by a moderator:
yes sir! i picked one up last week. BTW 5_7 i need to swing by and bring a few more parts of yours that i have to you. I should get my replacement gear with my new gear box when that comes in ill get that to you as well

thanks again!

Okay, Rick, let me know.

BTW, I installed the 460 engine onto my bike.

It is SO smooth!

Yeah it was running really well for me as well. The copper gasket and 93 octane fuel made a huge difference after i added the ngk iridium plug. That little thing is a powerhouse! Kind of makes me wish they made street legal 2 stroke sportbikes! imagine 250cc's with that kind of tuning and performance!

make sure you keep the cylinder head screws tight, we spent a couple hour one night a few weeks ago trying to figure out the carb isue we were having which turned out to be an air leak at the cylinder gasket. but youre a pro so you probably already knew that. =)

Let me know if you need a test pilot. ; )

LOL, not a pro but experienced a bit on motorized bicycles.

I WILL be needing your assistance when it's time to set up my NuVinci setup on Project 29er.:bowdown:

a bit?! psh!

so, shortly after reading your last post i thought to myself "what information can i share with you about the nuvinci hub?" i then had a slight moment of clarity as to how and why im facing some of the issues of turn out on the hub and why i needed the bat cave's help to address that issue.

Ill definatley need a bit of facetime with you to explain it as im sure i wouldnt be able to properly translate my thoughts into simply text on this forum board.

more on topic as to the thread title, staton, shocked that i did that to one of his gears, is sending me not 1 but 2 heat treated gears to replace the broken and exhisting gear to stand up to the power and rpm's of the 460. He said quote: "You will not wear out a Heat treated gear regardless of what engine you put on it." That and he shot me an email confirming shipment today of the dual engine gear box.

Cant wait!:devilish:

You lucky guy! When Staton's twin-engine option first came out, I asked him if I could buy just the gearbox. He wouldn't sell it to me. It's affordable now, but I like in-frame shift kits better.

Loking forward to seeing both the Nuvinci 29'r and the dual engine staton bikes. You guys are gonna leave me in the dust! May have to pull out the old N2O bottle from the hotrod days :)

Back