lowracer

Local time
12:57 AM
Hello all,
I live near Hilton Head SC & motorized a bike many years ago while living in NY. I've been digesting the wealth of info on this site for awhile now & finally decided to join before beginning my next project.
The first bike named 'The Pooch-Mobile' had a ten speed cromo frame that I welded a steel plate between the downtube & seat tube to mount a 2hp briggs & stratton driving a v-belt (no clutch) to a rim welded to a same sized rear wheel. The frame had to be bent out slightly to accomodate the wider rear wheel setup. The bike had dual 406's, a banana seat (to hold two), pull-back handlebars & a brake lever as throttle. 45 mph top speed & wonderful gas mileage (back then gas was under a buck/gallon)
This website has re-ignited my motorized bicycle interests.
I plan on using a 4 stroke engine with an aftermarket super quiet muffler. The Robin EY08BN (clockwise rotating crankshaft) mounted to a Rocky Mountain RM-7 DH MTB (has 7 inches of front & rear wheel travel). Looks like I'll have to go rear mount due to the limited frame space & run the chain back up to the crank to allow the rear suspension to move & retain the rear disc brake already on the bike. I currently use this bike as a commuter with slicks & 18 speeds & its a beast. I'd like to incorporate the existing bicycle transmission for both top speed & fuel economy & was interested in the Cyclone electric kit for just its front freewheel system using two front chainrings. Anybody using this engine &/or the front freewheel system?
Nice to meet you all,
Alex

Attachments

• RM7 2.jpg
    RM7 2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 158
Hi Alex. Welcome to MBc!

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D}
You may have already seen this. but here's a great crash course post "link" to get you started.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

Back