Traveler

Local time
8:00 AM
Hi,

I am mainly interested in Whizzer bikes. It's been over 40 years since I have owned one. When I was 15, I acquired a Pacemaker for $25. Sure wish I had it now.

I've been searching for Whizzer engines on eBay. I recently found one and won it in the auction. When I was a kid, I used to work on my bike engine almost monthly. It was a love / hate relationship. I plan on restoring the engine I won on eBay, and will need to get some misc items such as motor mounts, tank, rear pully, ect. Right now, I am just happy to get the engine, regardless of condition. The one I bought appears to be pretty good, but you never know with a 60 year old engine.

My other interests are R/C planes and ham radio, even though I haven't been very active in either the past few years. I also do woodworking. Recemtly completed a Kennedy rocking chair.

Traveler (Jerry)

Welcome to MBc, Traveler. There are a number of us on the site who are nuts about Whizzers, and there are also a few currently restoring vintage Whizzer engines to fit to a suitably vintage frame. You'll be in good company here.
I don't have a vintage Whizzer engine (yet), but I have a vintage Shelby frame that is waiting for one...
I presently ride a 2005 Whizzer NE-5.

Attachments

• 100_1569.jpg
    100_1569.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 111
Back