shirlz72

Local time
10:25 AM
hi my name is ashley,
i have never been a member of any sites before where they participate in forums so i dont have much idea on what i am doing but i think this is what i am supposed to do, i am from australia i bought a motor for my bike, the grubee skyhawk 66cc when i lost my license, i've only got it on an old junk bike at the moment, but have recently bought a new bike to put it on, i am interested in making my bike as powerful as possible with only limited idea on how to do this, i purchased a dellorto SHA 16.16 carburetor thinking i was just going to bolt it on n it run better but this was not the case. i had to turn the idle rite up to get it to idle n it sounded totally different n just wouldn't rev out, and it blew a fair bit of smoke ( it usually doesn't smoke ) under full throttle (clutch in). the main jet in it has the number 82 on it, im guessing i may need a bigger one, anyways the reason i joined this site was so that i can gain knowledge and hopefully get some help in making my motorised pushbike as cool as possible,
any help in my endeavors would be much appreciated

Hi Ashley and welcome aboard.

Do you mean to say that you bought some other carburetor, installed it and the engine actually runs, even if imperfectly? Then you've done better than many of us might have.

I'm no authority, but I'll bet the new carburetor can't be made to work. Even if it could, I doubt if it would increase your performance very much.

But I could be wrong about that. There are others here more knowledgeable than I and they'll come along and give their opinions.

You'll have fun. Good luck.

Back