oldgascar

Local time
9:16 PM
Hello, I just finished building a replica car last September. It's a 1906 Straight dash Oldsmobile Model B. I tried to upload a photo, but i'm not sure I did it correctly. I worked on the Oldsmobile for 2-1/2 years. Now that it is finished (except for building a surrey top for it) I wanted to start another project.

So a while back I came across your website & I am hooked. I will build a bike like Houghmade's. I think it is the neatest thing I have ever seen. I have read many post and think all my initial questions have been answered. There are lots of talented people on this site. I am in Kentucky and in my earlier days I rode a 10 speed on many long trips until I had a small meeting with a big truck. So I took to the ditch (20 ft down) and now I dont ride due to banged up knees. The motorized option seems like a great fit for me now.

Attachments

• IMG_0271-000 (Copy 4).jpg
    IMG_0271-000 (Copy 4).jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 92
This hobby is always open to improvements and innovations. Somebody comes up with an idea that works, and whooola, they've started a fad.

I'm sure you'll add to the community expertise pretty quick.

That photo uploaded fine from this point of view. What a neat car. I knew that Ransom Olds got into the game early, but seeing a tiller steered car was a surprise. Though maybe it shouldn't have been. Still, I was reminded of something like a Duryea or the very, very early Daimlers.

Cool stuff! Lots of hot rodders making the jump to these things. Looks like you have some serious talent, can't wait to see what you build! Welcome!

Back