sphynx.0029

Local time
6:00 PM
Hello all,
i am Sphynx, i have been riding bikes for a long time now and i have recently made the addition of an 80cc motor to a bike i have had around the house. i have even made a trip from Orlando Fl, to N.E. Atlanta Ga. 11 days with 2 layover and another person making the trip with me. Probably one of the wildest experiences i have ever taken on. Now i have teh motor on the other bike and the original is retired, soon to have her own place on the wall. 5000+ miles on a bicycly i built from the frame up and not once in over 5000 miles had to change a tire or tube.

i really wanted to add the motor to that bike but the one i purchased will not mount as the frame is a dual suspension frame, center shock spring and all. so i had to lay her down and true up a new one to accommodate the motor. So far i have 175 miles or so on this bike and although i have had a few minor issues, all in all i think it is a great idea and everyone should have one.

Nice to meet you all and looking forward to sharing any thoughts and pickin some noggins.

Sphynx

Attachments

• 0801090856-00.jpg
    0801090856-00.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 80
Welcome Sphynx. The dual suspension bike would work well with a rear wheel or rack mounted engine.
If you already bought a frame engine for it, you are better off getting a different bike to install it on, unless you are experienced in "Chop, cut and rebuild".

Nah, choppin is not my thing...YET
if i dont find me a good chopper frame i will be tho, cause i want mine on a chopper style low rider but they are like gold for a low income man like myself..

Back