mikarter

Local time
1:57 AM
Hello folks, Just joined. Am trying to mount an 80 cc 2 stroke on my mountain bike. Only problem I have is : how do you wire the kill switch? Thanks

Take one of the kill-switch wires, usually yellow/orange from memory, and connect it to the white wire going into the magneto.
Next, take the other kill switch wire, usually green, and connect it to engine ground or to the black wire that leads from the magneto to the CDI unit.
Voila!

Sorry mikarter, forgot to add - Welcome to MBc. There's a wealth of information here.

Last edited:
Wiring kill switch

Thanks, Aussie Steve. The info is much appreciated. Am looking forward to riding today!

No problems - glad to help. Let us know if you have any problems.
(There's really no need for the extra-large text. It's like yelling.)

Enjoy your ride.

Cut off switch

Sorry about the extra large print. I'm so used to sending things to "old people like me" that I seem to automatically enlarge the font these days! Didn't mean to yell at ya'. Thanks again.
Mike

Thanks Assie it hurt my ears :) Carefull mikarter you might get an Infraction... I got 7 points on accident i posted in wrong place, and you'r a rookie F*. :)

My ears are bleeding too.

Seriously, though, I don't think it's a problem at all. (I already have the page magnified to 150% to suit my aging eyes, so I know where you're coming from, mikarter.)
How did the ride go?

About the ride, finished the build, was reading instructions on oil mixture and realized I had no "synthetic" 2 cycle oil. I have about 4 quarts of 2 cycle, no synthetic, which I also use in my chain saw. So, this morning, trekking to get oil so I can try it out. It looks great and I think it will be a blast. I am amazed at some of the bikes that are pictured. They are awesome. May start something in our little town.

Actually, some vendors recommend running in with mineral-based 2-stroke, then changing to synthetic. I did that, but I'm not sure if it makes any difference.

Back