matti

Local time
3:31 AM
I just finished building my bike using a Grubbe Skyhawk GT5. Needed to make many modifications to my Huffy beach cruiser but it wasn't too bad. Make the maiden voyage tomorrow To see how it runs. The clutch seems to drag a little in free wheel mode in-spite adjusting as per instructions. I am hoping that it just needs to wear in some before it frees up.

Welcome to MBc, Matti. It sounds like you have a good combination of bike and motor...hope it works out for you. If you have problems: read, read, and read--then do a search on 'clutch problems'--as a last resort, post a question in the '2-Stroke Forum,' or 'General Discussion.' Good luck to you.

Thanks Patrick, The maiden voyage went well as I traveled at app 15 mph for about 4 miles. I am now experiencing the engine not idling properly & sometimes shutting off when I come to a stop with the clutch fully in. I used a 16:1 fuel ratio as per the manufactures instruction for the tankful & I am thinking that it might be too rich & possibly fouling the plug?? Hard starting once it shuts off but eventually I can get it to run. any advise will be appreciated as I have tried to contact the vendor multiple times with no response.

Welcome

Hey Matti, Welcome to M.B.c.
The very first thing you want to do is get rid of your stock spark plug. Get a NKG or better. Next, check your idle screw. Sometimes as an engine is breaking in, the idle will change. Also, make sure the carb it tight with no air leaks. If none of that works, get back to the 2-stroke forum.
Thanks,
Big Red.

Back