ewwebb

Local time
11:54 AM
Hi folks.

I'm a 62 years old man. I live in the Flint Hills of Kansas. The Flint Hills are what's left of the Tallgrass Prairie. We're at the edge of the Great American Desert. From here West, it's nothing but miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles. I hear if you go far enough West, you'll come to this strip mall called California.
I bought my bike off the internet after looking around for a long time. The company has since changed owners and I'm worried about getting parts. The engine is fairly common. It's the Grubee Skyhawk 66cc. I've done the carb tweak, moving the circlip down to the last notch on the metering rod and replaced the muffler with chrome and drilled the hole in the end cap to relieve backpressure. I haven't built up enough nerve to port the cylinder or go up to a larger carb. What I'm concerned about is clutch repair. There's nothing wrong with my clutch yet, but I haven't seen an exploded diagram or schematic that's readable either.
I'm presently concerned with the State of Kansas' approach to the legal issues involved with power assisted bicycles. I've been reading a bit of the forums on other websites related to us and everyone seems to be having about the same problems. I try to be optimistic, but my experience with bureaucrats hasn't been good.
I owned a number of motorcycles in my youth and none of them made me feel as much a part of the machine as my bicycle. All things being relative, riding a motorized bicycle at Thirty Five is every bit as exhilarating as any motorcycle at Sixty Five.
Be careful.

Edgar

Welcome, Edgar

Hi there, Edgar, and welcome to MBc. I love the first paragraph of your post. We are glad to see you joined our Forums. We have an excellent search function...It will lead you to the answers of just about every question you might have about motors, bikes, and motorized bikes. RE: the concern you have about your clutch...we just happen to have one of the all-time super 2-Stroke Gurus right here. His name is AL.Fisherman (Ron). Check out our 2-stroke Forum...there is a Sticky by Ron titled, "Breaking down a China HT engine PICTURES." You will find it very interesting. Be sure to click on the pics to enlarge them, and also read all of AL.Fisherman's posts, and you will know just about all there is to know about the 2-Stroke. Good Luck. You are in the right place.
Patrick

Last edited:
Back