New member

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SHACKLETON1, Apr 7, 2012.


    SHACKLETON1 New Member

    Looks like I going to need transportation without a license. In in temecula and thinking about a gas powered bike from ez cruizers in dana point.

  2. PatrickW

    PatrickW Staff Member

    Welcome to MBc, Shackleton. Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies' at the top of every Forum. They contain a lot of information. For example, Sticky #1 under "Introduce Yourself" has 20 or so links to “How To…” threads, and important pages for you to follow. Sticky #3 has info on you are expected to conduct yourself, and where you might find and use various features. However, read all of them, and be sure to use the search feature. Almost every question you might have has already been asked and answered someplace here. If you are still stumped with a certain problem, post your question in the proper Forum and I am sure you will get an answer.

    I am not real clear on the Laws, rules, CARB requirements in CA, and other such things...but, I know that we have many members who are in CA and know all about these things. I'm sure some of them would be glad to point you to the best choice of motor and bike that would be just right for you. Good luck.

  3. LR Jerry

    LR Jerry Well-Known Member

    Here are important questions to consider when building for yourself or others:

    1) What is the predominant riding terrain?
    2) What type of physique does the primary rider have?
    3) What will the rider's local laws allow and require them to have?
    (Lookup and personally read these laws.)
    4) What kind of bike is being motorized?
    5) What is the bike to be used for?
    6) How much of a budget is to be used for the build?

    Seek the answers to these questions in order to get the most out of the bike you're building. We're here to help with any questions you may have. Good luck with your build.

    Many states do require you to at least have a driver's license to operate a motorized bicycle on the public roadways. You need to lookup your local laws or you may end up in jail and your bike impounded.