Hi all,Some of you in here,and old roads were asking about my toy.Here are some pictures.Rod
1028_HPIM0084_3.jpg

details

fist a very loving wife helped out alot.She only complained about what I spent once.The frame,tank,and alot of small parts are hand fabricated.
The motor is a briggs & Stratton 5hp Jr Dragster motor.HP can be worked on to push almost 24hp with right cam,stroke,carb,and fuel.It can run alcohol,nitro methane,or gas.
It has a custom jackshaft,centrifical clutch,and belt drive is from a whizzer.Its fully adjustable,and has several different compinations (gear or belt pullys) to adjust your final drive.
Custom exhaust pipe,Tiltson carb,velocity stack,heavy duty schwinn tandum rims,uses a coaster brake, lever, rod,and pedal activated.
Thanks Rod

That is bad to the bone! Did you have to stretch the original frame work?
Great Job!
Brian

Outstanding job! You and I do have the same thoughts on vintage bikes. I would like to see more pics of this one. Well done retro_racer.

frame

Dockspa1. The frame was all fabricated pretty much from scratch,and not a stretched frame.I'm working on another one right now that does use the rear section from a bicycle.That way I can use the sprocket and drive chain to pedel it if needed.With one long drive belt on the right side.

ok

What is the top speed so far?
I was going to weld two rims together for the rear drive pully but the engine would have to sit 3/4 or better onto the right side. With the whizzer hub, it gives you a couple of more inches, huh?
It sure looks athentic.
Brian

Hi Brian,
I'm not sure exactly how fast it will go for sure yet no speed O.The whizzer sheave leaves plenty of room.There are other ways to do a drive pully.Go check out wtb whizzer sheave/pulley in the buy/sell/trade part of this forum.Check out my last post/with the picture.I have also seen a 5 speed rear hub/rear sprockets removed.reversed in the frame.It had a cast drive pulley screwed in place of the sprockets.The same pully is used on power equipment,air compressors,and swamp coolers.I don't know exactly how they did that one.My guess is to thread the pulley,and use what ever locking system the sprockets did.

Back