I

Irish John

Hi, I'm new to this forum and am still learning the ropes. I ride a Merida Kalahari MTB with a 70cc 2-stroke motor as my main means of transport. I have a bit of mechanical knowledge from building 4 motorised bikes and from years of motorcycling.
I also ride a push bike - a Mongoose NX7 mountain bike .
I'm not very keen on Chinese 2-strokes and want to switch to a Honda 50 4-stroke when I find out where to get all the gear.
What I'd really like is a French Derny pace bike which are no longer made but there are still quite a few used in cycle racing. They sent 50 down to Australia for the Sydney Olympics and I wonder what happened to those bikes.

A

Alaskavan

Welcome to MBc. you missed the Introduction area by a bit. Reliability is a concern when you're talking about your main means of transport. The Honda should be coming into it's own soon, as far as availability of parts, etc.

G

gone_fishin

close enuff i din't mind moving it :)

john...read read read the forums, paying attention to info about the new generation of "utility" engines, both 2- & 4-strokes. you'll find relevant info in "frame-mount", "rack-mount", and there's also a bit in "bicycles, parts, accessories, blah, blah"...all good for different reasons and applications...have fun, & don't burn dinner while you browse ;)

welcome to the MBc :cool:

I

Irish John

Thanks

I seem to be slowly getting the hang of things but can't find photos of members bikes on their profiles. I think I posted a picture of my bike and myself on my profile.

G

gone_fishin

browse the "picture gallery" for lotsa good pics...if you have some to share, we'd love to see your gallery, too...my signature has a link to instructions on uploading pics.

A

Abeagle

Welcome to MBc, the "search" in top bar of the pages works really great.