I

Irish John

Hi, I'm new to this forum and am still learning the ropes. I ride a Merida Kalahari MTB with a 70cc 2-stroke motor as my main means of transport. I have a bit of mechanical knowledge from building 4 motorised bikes and from years of motorcycling.
I also ride a push bike - a Mongoose NX7 mountain bike .
I'm not very keen on Chinese 2-strokes and want to switch to a Honda 50 4-stroke when I find out where to get all the gear.
What I'd really like is a French Derny pace bike which are no longer made but there are still quite a few used in cycle racing. They sent 50 down to Australia for the Sydney Olympics and I wonder what happened to those bikes.

Welcome to MBc. you missed the Introduction area by a bit. Reliability is a concern when you're talking about your main means of transport. The Honda should be coming into it's own soon, as far as availability of parts, etc.

close enuff i din't mind moving it :)

john...read read read the forums, paying attention to info about the new generation of "utility" engines, both 2- & 4-strokes. you'll find relevant info in "frame-mount", "rack-mount", and there's also a bit in "bicycles, parts, accessories, blah, blah"...all good for different reasons and applications...have fun, & don't burn dinner while you browse ;)

welcome to the MBc :cool:

Thanks

I seem to be slowly getting the hang of things but can't find photos of members bikes on their profiles. I think I posted a picture of my bike and myself on my profile.

browse the "picture gallery" for lotsa good pics...if you have some to share, we'd love to see your gallery, too...my signature has a link to instructions on uploading pics.

Back