NEW MEMBERS READ THIS: 30 day course for newbies.

I spent alot of time reading as a guest before i joined, it basically helped put my motor together but i will admit when you search foe something and 400 threads come up it was a little overwhelming but the more i read i was surprised at how much i learned

and a thought what if threads were sorted by motor catigories

Well there are people here working on getting it all sorted out about these motoredbikes, but it will take time.

I wonder what a database could do to help the forums by keeping the info in one place and would it get used?
I mean this "MBc "Chinese Super Bicycle Happy Time" Owner's Manual " is great but maybe the newbies need to only have access to this and a newbie forum as well a locked gallery for a set time period.

I know the general idea is to minimize the repeat, common questions so we can have more of the odd or just outstanding (interesting) posts to read.

Looking at the board as I type this I just thought "instead of that sponser list on the left side it would be cool to see a motoredbike related database all seperated into different categories".

I'm sorry but I have found that if I spend more time riding and less time reading I'm by far better off. Not that I don't love you all very much. You all are my family ......I'd all but quit riding when I crashed on my bike but you guys helped me see the humor in the situation and I pulled thru it rebuilt the bike and am on the road today as a result. Seems I had underestimated the power of friendship. Thanks T

thats good

it's a good idea all though I've been researching this site for the past 6 months and gotten many potentially good ideas.:D

ok, then...i finally got around to making a "welcome PM"...i sure hopes this helps:

Welcome to the MBc!

Hello & Welcome!

If you've received this PM, it means you've successfully activated your account at MotoredBikes.com, good deal.

Let's talk a bit about how things are run around here...Tom is the Site-Owner and a Forum Adminstrator, i (augidog) am Lead Administrator. We have a few Moderators who run around helping us, also...azkronic, drimpact, & srdavo...see the right-hand column of the main page to see who moderates a particular forum. We are all *Volunteers* and things go much smoother when you keep that in mind.

I don't particularly enjoy being so tough right out of the box, but try to understand that MBc has amassed over 30 thousand posts in it's first year. It's been a chore, and we've really gotten tight on content and placement. Please read this message with an eye to becoming a contributing member in our efforts to keep the board as neat as possible.

MotoredBikes.com is an old-school forum run with old-school values and standards. If you haven't checked out our Rules & Policies, it is STRONGLY SUGGESTED that you do so before making another move. You walk into a garage packed with guys & gals working on all sorts of cool stuff, and you want to know more, or you need help with something...so you walk in, all heads turn to see what's up...you're the newcomer...how you gonna act?

If you happen to be new to using a forum, GO DIRECTLY TO THE FAQ and get some basic information under your belt before you dive in. If you get lost, post a question in the "Forum Help & Suggestion Box" and someone will come to the rescue.

The information flies pretty fast and furious here at MBc, and as a participating member you'll be held responsible for doing your part to keep things organized. Read the forum captions to see where to find or post specific information. Gratiutous posting and off-topic chatter is not welcome in our Tech/Mech areas. And USE THE SEARCH ENGINE before posting a new topic anywhere on the board, this is first and foremost our best tool for staying organized. When posting a new topic, be specific in your title so it becomes searchable for the next user.

READ OUR "STICKIES"...pay attention to your fellow members and the MBc staff...it's not that hard to figure us out if you'll take a minute to learn about our Group before you decide where you want to start.

And, none of this is personal, how could it be? We haven't even met, yet...

Your first post should be, as a matter of courtesy, in the "Introduce Yourself" forum. Let us know about your level of mechanical know-how, and also let us know if you're new to using forums. You're about to meet some of the coolest, most forward-thinking people you've ever met...give them a proper chance to get to know you and there isn't anything they won't do for you. Common sense and good manners are the name of the game at MotoredBikes.com, and you'll quickly learn you get exactly what you give around here.

I hope you enjoy the MBc Forums as much as we all do.

augidog
EDITED to reflect new message.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, i did a test-membership...the auto-PM works...as you can tell, tho, the message itself doesn't always work :rolleyes:

i suggest you do a search on the topic you want to ask about, read everything, then if you don't see your answer, ask. no sense waiting 30 days to ask a question no one's asked or answered.

you do? lots of sarcasm and humor in this topic, it's only to be taken seriously enough to realize we're serious...there's no such thing as a 30-day rule. however, if one were to carefully read the welcome message, they'd realize the intent is not to intimidate but to fully inform and help our prospective members acclimate.

so, who are you, anyway? ;)

Back