NEW MEMBERS READ THIS: 30 day course for newbies.

J

japat100

to all new members ,take the 30 day course and read every post on this forum ,then come back and asked question ,,or maybe even give advice

knowledge will be your greatest asset,,,,,, ,and will also help the moderators that volunteer there time

if you asked stupid question ,it shows you did not take the course, you may not get back to many replies ,,,,,,take the 30 day course

japat

Last edited by a moderator:
to all new members ,take the 30 day course and read every post on this forum ,then come back and asked question ,,or maybe even give advice

knowledge will be your greatest asset,,,,,, ,and will also help the moderators that volunteer there time

if you asked stupid question ,it shows you did not take the course, you may not get back to many replies ,,,,,,take the 30 day course

japat

Awesome idea! :D In my usual fashion it took me 60 days to complete the 30 day course.

I have found more answers to my questions, and also many questions I never even thought of by reading. It does take time though, which means commitment! But if you are risking your hide riding a moterdBike you need to be committed.

Where's the straight jacket Smile

theres allot of people find the forum , and join the forum the very same day , and start asking simple question ,and we all know the answers are here and easy to find ,, and i heard it said many times on reply by augidog read ,read ,read, and don"t expect us to do your homework ,,and i totally agree ,,as this forum grows this is gong to be annoying to augidog and others to keep repeating the same thing over and over again read,, read,, read ,,

if anybody thinks this is a problem now ,,just wait until this forum gets in the thousands of members ,and it will sooner then you think ,we will all be riding our mb to visit one of our key members augidog in a mental hospital and when you walk in the door of the hospital you will hear someone yelling ,READ READ READ

if this was my forum ,, i would have a rule you join the forum today and 30 day later you can then post question ,,so what do you think he or she will do when he is not able to post for 30 days ??? hes going to read ,read., read and he just completed his 30 day course

yes thousands of members in the near future ,thanks to augidog and others that keep this the best most valuable information on mb anywhere
japat

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it real?

Is the "30-day course" actually a real thing or is it a euphemism? I've looked in the files and links section and I can't find any other references to it.
Kristopher

Is the "30-day course" actually a real thing or is it a euphemism? I've looked in the files and links section and I can't find any other references to it.
Kristopher

There is no actual 30 day course. It is just an idea trying to get people to read before asking questions that would have been answered by reading what was allready here.:)

The simple solution that most other forums have is a newbie question section with stickies.

Kristopher

once you join the forum i suggested 30 days before you are able to post and start asking question ,,30 days may be a bit long ,, even 7 days would give new members a chance to read read read , there are over 400 post on fuel ,and yet newbie still start a new thread and asked question what type fuel ,so unless someone locks the thread there soon will be 1000 ,, that means to me that the newbie just joined 5 minutes ago and started asking question ,, i might have done the same thing myself when i first joined so i am not knocking anyone it just the way it is ,, as a member we all try find answers to make the forum better for all and that includes newbies ,,

anyone that joins the forum must be interested in mb ,,if not they would not have joined , and in my view 7 day waiting for your first post ,gives you time to read the rules and read ,read, read and that way newbies will not be asking question ,, what type gas , what kind of oil ?? ,, so waiting 7 day is no big deal lots of forum that you join you may wait until they sent you a password ,
heading for 700 members this forum will be in the thousands before you know it ,, just like a mb it starts of slow but once it get going lookout ,, so if theres not a solution found there will be 50 post a day asking what kind of gas ,, and what happens then all the good information that member enjoy reading will be burred 6 ft below ground,, i know augidog is trying his best to find answers ,so any suggestion that you have to pass on i am sure augidog would appreciate
japat

I look to the simpler, future forums.
Forums that will scan a new post as its being typed and if there is already a topic that is the same as the new post it will just dump the poster to the topic already on the board or present a list to the would be poster of topics of the same.
Newbies would have to go to the existing topics but the old time board users could have an over-ride.

Kinda of like an auto-type finish tool that redirects a poster to existing topics.

yeah that would be the ticket I wonder if it has been done or if it ever will be done.

I'm sorry guys But I just think a bit different than most people, it's my burden-:LOL:.(I'll shut up now)

that's kind of like the "similar threads" feature...an auto-placement feature is now on my wish-list...

yeah, & then i woke up :rolleyes:

oh, tom...ready for a new challenge? :LOL:;)

btw: we have stickies and helpful tips everywhere...but they have to be read to be
helpful...forum newbies don't read, they post...a typical forum-syndrome we're trying to
overcome, and it's nice to see members get involved in this effort, for sure :cool:

Back