New model Whizzer-need identifcation and carb problem

Geno44

Local time
8:11 AM
In 2004 I purchased a Che Whizzer off of Ebay. It was advertised as a 2003 model but the chassis tag says 02/97. (RF4WMC15X3P008726) I am not sure this is the original tag. How do I identify what bike I really have? The engine number is WME003541. It has 24 x 2.125 tires on it.
Yesterday, after cleaning the fuel tank, I removed and cleaned the carburetor. It has two jets threaded into the top assembly originating from the center of the float bowl. I removed them to clean them and the smaller of the two, which I assume is the low speed jet, will not allow a thin copper wire to go all the way through from bottom to top. I pushed pretty hard on a paper clip and the copper wire and it was "no go". Should this passage be clear from top to bottom? Thanks for any help. I can take pictures if anybody needs them. I added two pictures taken this morning. That chrome is murder to photograph.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the fray. In the last few months I have purchased 2 modern Whizzers, a 1999 and a 2005. The 1999 has an engine serial number WME0088XX and the 2005 is WME0095XX. I looks like yours is a 1999, the first year of production. The engines from 1999 thru 2004 had top end issues that need to be resolved. I purchased 20mm carbs from Whizzer Paul. There is a bit of a learning curve with these bikes bike it can be worth it.

Skeezer

In 2004 I purchased a Che Whizzer off of Ebay. It was advertised as a 2003 model but the chassis tag says 02/97. (RF4WMC15X3P008726) I am not sure this is the original tag. How do I identify what bike I really have? The engine number is WME003541. It has 24 x 2.125 tires on it.
Yesterday, after cleaning the fuel tank, I removed and cleaned the carburetor. It has two jets threaded into the top assembly originating from the center of the float bowl. I removed them to clean them and the smaller of the two, which I assume is the low speed jet, will not allow a thin copper wire to go all the way through from bottom to top. I pushed pretty hard on a paper clip and the copper wire and it was "no go". Should this passage be clear from top to bottom? Thanks for any help. I can take pictures if anybody needs them.
Pictures of your bike and tag please. The date 02/97 is weird since New Edition Whizzers were not made until 1999
First time I have heard of a New Edition Whizzer called a CHE Whizzer - A CHE Whizzer is Made in Taiwan
The Letters CHE are the first three letters of the Taiwan Whizzer Industries E mail che3732@msi5.hinet.net
carb jets shouldn't be clogged.

I will get some pictures taken and posted this evening. The tag is very hard to read and I got a magnifying glass out and it reads 0207 not 0297 as I first thought. Maybe that translates to the seventh month of 2002? It does say CHE and made in Taiwan. It has 46 miles on it now and was described to me as having a chrome tank, chrome luggage rack, chrome controls, chrome front light, custom shortie handle bars, genuine Schwinn coaster brake arm, Whizzer 60th Anniversary front fork cover badge, chrome fender tips, etc. which the seller said was optional equipment. It had about 2 or 3 miles on it when I bought it. Regarding the smaller jet, the little holes above the threads were very clean but I could not see daylight looking through the entire length and I could not get a very small copper wire to pass through. I also tried a small paper clip and it would go part way in from each end but not all the way through. I live out in the country and I put the 43 miles on it over the years and it ran fine. Right now it doesn't idle.

Last edited:
I will get some pictures taken and posted this evening. The tag is very hard to read and I got a magnifying glass out and it reads 0207 not 0297 as I first thought. Maybe that translates to the seventh month of 2002? It does say CHE and made in Taiwan. It has 46 miles on it now and was described to me as having a chrome tank, chrome luggage controls, chrome front light, custom shortie handle bars, genuine Schwinn coaster brake arm, Whizzer 60th Anniversary front fork cover badge, chrome fender tips, etc. which the seller said was optional equipment. It had about 2 or 3 miles on it when I bought it. Regarding the smaller jet, the little holes above the threads were very clean but I could not see daylight looking through the entire length and I could not get a very small copper wire to pass through. I also tried a small paper clip and it would go part way in from each end but not all the way through. I live out in the country and I put the 43 miles on it over the years and it ran fine. Right now it doesn't idle.
OK that makes sense July, 2002 - 24" WC- 1

Welcome to the fray. In the last few months I have purchased 2 modern Whizzers, a 1999 and a 2005. The 1999 has an engine serial number WME0088XX and the 2005 is WME0095XX. I looks like yours is a 1999, the first year of production. The engines from 1999 thru 2004 had top end issues that need to be resolved. I purchased 20mm carbs from Whizzer Paul. There is a bit of a learning curve with these bikes bike it can be worth it.

Skeezer
Skeezer your 1999 is not a production Whizzer Motorbike from 1999. Your frame is not a Whizzer Motorbike production frame.
Someone homemade built it and used a Schwinn frame with a New Edition Whizzer motor and just called it a 1999
Your motor serial #s tell me its a 2004 WC-1 bottom end and you say it has a NE-5 top end. Who knows when it was built?

Interesting. I showed a picture of the bike to Joe Lin and he said it was made in 1998 and "someone beautify it later". The frame has the ID tag down near the engine serial number but it has been heavily painted over. Also, there are the remnants of the 2 rivet holes that held the Mfgrs tag on the frame neck. Very curious indeed.

Skeezer

Attachments

• zwhizzertag.jpg
    zwhizzertag.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 231
  • zwhizzertag2.jpg
    zwhizzertag2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Interesting. I showed a picture of the bike to Joe Lin and he said it was made in 1998 and "someone beautify it". The frame has the ID tag down near the engine serial number but it has been heavily painted over. Also, there are the remnants of the 2 rivet holes that held the Mfgrs tag on the frame neck. Very curious indeed.

Skeezer
My Bad, You do have a Whizzer frame (y) What's the #s on the frame?
I was kinda confused because there is no battery box, no bracket for a key switch, no welded on seatpost clamp, and there is no support gussets on the bottom tube to the frame neck. But now that I look close I can see the gas tank brackets are welded on and the bottom engine mount is welded on. Also with a close up of the frame neck I can tell it's not a Schwinn frame. It's a Whizzer frame.
Yea, I now see the holes to attach the Whizzer Motorbikes Vin plate.
It wouldn't make sense for anyone to cut off the support gussets it would only weaken the frame.
I wouldn't be surprised if Taiwan Joe made that bike. Makes sense it might be a 1998 frame that would explain the missing key switch bracket, support gussets for the frame neck, battery box and a different seatpost bracket.
We all know Taiwan Joe was selling Whizzers out the back door. Against Whizzer USA wishes (contract)

You do have a nice vintage looking modern Whizzer.
If it was mine I would take advantage of that 65w stator ya got inside the flywheel and mount a head light and a tail light.
Even if ya don't ride at night a working headlight and tail light makes the bike street legal.
Do ya know how many guys would kill to have a 65w stator on their M/B that could power lights off the motor?

I might of missed it but I have never seen any pictures of your 2005

What color is under the White Paint?

MFD By CHE is Correct for a Whizzer
I lost my Neck Vin Plate about 10years ago I had to do some research to remember.

Back