New model Whizzer-need identifcation and carb problem

My Bad, You do have a Whizzer frame (y) What's the #s on the frame?
I was kinda confused because there is no battery box, no bracket for a key switch, no welded on seatpost clamp, and there is no support gussets on the bottom tube to the frame neck. But now that I look close I can see the gas tank brackets are welded on and the bottom engine mount is welded on. Also with a close up of the frame neck I can tell it's not a Schwinn frame. It's a Whizzer frame.
Yea, I now see the holes to attach the Whizzer Motorbikes Vin plate.
It wouldn't make sense for anyone to cut off the support gussets it would only weaken the frame.
I wouldn't be surprised if Taiwan Joe made that bike. Makes sense it might be a 1998 frame that would explain the missing key switch bracket, support gussets for the frame neck, battery box and a different seatpost bracket.
We all know Taiwan Joe was selling Whizzers out the back door. Against Whizzer USA wishes (contract)

You do have a nice vintage looking modern Whizzer.
If it was mine I would take advantage of that 65w stator ya got inside the flywheel and mount a head light and a tail light.
Even if ya don't ride at night a working headlight and tail light makes the bike street legal.
Do ya know how many guys would kill to have a 65w stator on their M/B that could power lights off the motor?

I might of missed it but I have never seen any pictures of your 2005

What color is under the White Paint?
Paul once eluded to some "$29 frames" that Joe bought to build Whizzers.

I was kinda confused because there is no battery box, no bracket for a key switch, no welded on seatpost clamp, and there is no support gussets on the bottom tube to the frame neck. But now that I look close I can see the gas tank brackets are welded on and the bottom engine mount is welded on. Also with a close up of the frame neck I can tell it's not a Schwinn frame. It's a Whizzer frame.
It wouldn't make sense for anyone to cut off the support gussets it would only weaken the frame.
I wouldn't be surprised if Taiwan Joe made that bike. Makes sense it might be a 1998 frame that would explain the missing key switch bracket, support gussets for the frame neck, battery box and a different seatpost bracket.
We all know Taiwan Joe was selling Whizzers out the back door. Against Whizzer USA wishes (contract)

If it was mine I would take advantage of that 65w stator ya got inside the flywheel and mount a head light and a tail light.
Even if ya don't ride at night a working headlight and tail light makes the bike street legal.
Do ya know how many guys would kill to have a 65w stator on their M/B that could power lights off the motor?

I don't know what's under the white paint. It was a high quality job with hand pinstriping. I wonder if it's not one of the 90's Phantoms because the springer has AS (Arnold Schwinn) markings.

@Skeezer
Nice touch of detail.
You probably can see over spray from the first paint job inside the frame where the crank is or the forks.
Pretty soon you'll scratch it. Let me know then what color it was then. :LOL:
The Vin tags were put on the frames after they were painted. Maybe ya can take a peak under the Vin tag.

You really need to look at your Vin tag You might have a very low Vin # first in production?
Ya really can't identify the year on Whizzers by the Motor Serial # The motors cases got all mixed up at the factory
But if ya ever find a motor with a serial # 10 or under grab it. First in Production.
The Frame Vin # is what was registered.

Your Whizzer could of come from a few places. Taiwan was selling Whizzers through a couple companies one called Polar and another called Syclone. Whizzer USA took em all to court and won a copyrights infringement lawsuit. All the bikes Polar and Syclone had left were ordered to be given to Whizzer USA. This is one reason why the motor serial # don't match the frames.
Some motors were emergency replacement motors and don't even have a serial # stamped on them.
Whizzer USA also sold Motor Kits and Frames separate For the DIY kind of guy.
I'm sure there is a lot more to this story but this is all I know of so far.

How about a Pic of your 2005.

Whizzer USA made a Black Panther in 2003 It says Black Panther on the Chain Guard.
Never heard of a 1990s Whizzer Phantom
Got a pic

Here is some pictures of a real Schwinn Black Phantom with a New Edition NE-5 motor I thought ya might like to look at

Last edited:
In 2004 I purchased a Che Whizzer off of Ebay. It was advertised as a 2003 model but the chassis tag says 02/97. (RF4WMC15X3P008726) I am not sure this is the original tag. How do I identify what bike I really have? The engine number is WME003541. It has 24 x 2.125 tires on it.
Yesterday, after cleaning the fuel tank, I removed and cleaned the carburetor. It has two jets threaded into the top assembly originating from the center of the float bowl. I removed them to clean them and the smaller of the two, which I assume is the low speed jet, will not allow a thin copper wire to go all the way through from bottom to top. I pushed pretty hard on a paper clip and the copper wire and it was "no go". Should this passage be clear from top to bottom? Thanks for any help. I can take pictures if anybody needs them.View attachment 98889View attachment 98890View attachment 98891View attachment 98892
Your bike has a lot of potential. I remember the Chrome gas tank and the Chrome tail light bracket was sold separate. For those who wanted some Bling think ya can still buy a Chrome Battery Box cover from Whizzer USA Debbie @ 877 WHIZZER for $10
Or try Paul @ www.whizzercruzzerparts.com I know he has some black ones with Whizzer logo in Chrome.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm in my mid 70's and I had an original H Whizzer in the '50's which I sold when I went to college. (big mistake!) I picked this one up in 2004 and want to get the idle problem cured and perhaps may sell it or may decide to keep it. Right now I've got too much stuff to maintain. It ran very well before the carb clogged from not being used. I will pull the carb and work on that idle jet again. That should be a solvable problem. If not I'll look for a source on a carb replacement and which one would be most correct. I may snap a couple of more pics because the reflections on the present pics don't do it justice. I have the chrome battery box cover. I think the original battery is quite dead. I added two more pictures in the original post which I took this morning. They handle the chrome better than the ones I took yesterday afternoon.

Last edited:
@Skeezer
Nice touch of detail.
You probably can see over spray from the first paint job inside the frame where the crank is or the forks.
The Vin tags were put on the frames after they were painted. Maybe ya can take a peak under the Vin tag.

You really need to look at your Vin tag You might have a very low Vin # first in production?
Ya really can't identify the year on Whizzers by the Motor Serial # The motors cases got all mixed up at the factory
But if ya ever find a motor with a serial # 10 or under grab it. First in Production.

Your Whizzer could of come from a few places. Taiwan was selling Whizzers through a couple companies one called Polar and another called Syclone. Whizzer USA took em all to court and won a copyrights infringement lawsuit. All the bikes Polar and Syclone had left were ordered to be given to Whizzer USA. This is one reason why the motor serial # don't match the frames.
Some motors were emergency replacement motors and don't even have a serial # stamped on them.

Whizzer USA made a Black Panther in 2003 It says Black Panther on the Chain Guard.
Got a pic

Here is some pictures of a real Schwinn Black Phantom with a New Edition NE-5 motor I thought ya might like to look at
Black Phantom may be the wrong model but I think Schwinn made repro balloon tire bikes in the nineties. Even has the AS springer. That may be what I have.

Attachments

• zwhizzerAS.jpg
    zwhizzerAS.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 199
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm in my mid 70's and I had an original H Whizzer in the '50's which I sold when I went to college. (big mistake!) I picked this one up in 2004 and want to get the idle problem cured and perhaps may sell it or may decide to keep it. Right now I've got too much stuff to maintain. It ran very well before the carb clogged from not being used. I will pull the carb and work on that idle jet again. That should be a solvable problem. If not I'll look for a source on a carb replacement and which one would be most correct. I may snap a couple of more pics because the reflections on the present pics don't do it justice. I have the chrome battery box cover. I think the original battery is quite dead. I added two more pictures in the original post which I took this morning. They handle the chrome better than the ones I took yesterday afternoon.
I'm 65 and I had an original Whizzer when I was a kid. 2 weeks later, when my Ma found out about it, it was gone. From what I remember, it must have been a Sportsman because I don't remember pedaling it to start, I don't remember it being especially tall, and I remember thinking it looked like a real, smaller motorcycle. I especially remember the saddle. A few months back, I got the urge to own a Whizzer again because I figured it's something I could afford. Wrong! Originals are pretty pricey. I HAVE found 2 modern ones and am having a good time working and riding them. There is a learning curve but if you have a basic understanding of simple 4 stroke engines, you'll be OK. I got a Yuasa battery on Amazon for less than $20 shipped. The guys on here will be very helpful as will Paul at Cruzzer.

Skeezer

PS, Love the tank, can I have it? LOL

@Skeezer
Nice touch of detail.

Got a pic

Here they are side by side.

Attachments

• z2whizzers.jpg
    z2whizzers.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 194

Even though the supports have been removed, the other welds appear to be reinforced compared to the 2005. Oh, and it has Worksman rims

Last edited:
A replacement carb www.whizzercruzzerparts.com/product-category/carburetor/
Whizzer Battery 12v 1.3ah - Duracell $22 I buy from a Local store called Batteries + Bulbs
Paul has batteries for $20 www.whizzercruzzerparts.com/product-category/electronics/
12v 1.3ah batteries @ AMAZON for $15 + free shipping

Back