New Montrealer on the MBlock

hassoun

Local time
5:12 AM
Hi Guys
It's the first time I see a forum forcing new members to post threads. Usually forums try to avoid that.

It's a good ice-breaker, though.

I just found this site today, and I'm really interested in working on a project.

Also, I have discovered the jackshaft option, so I may be attempting to work on that as my first project, some time soon.

You see, in Montreal, winter takes up about 4-5 months. That gives me time to work on a bike for the other months of the year. I drive a car, but it takes a lot of gas and it's hard to park.

My commute to school and back is almost 50km (30mi), daily, so this option would save me a lot of gas, and a lot of time finding parking, as my school is downtown.

I'm going to enjoy my time reading through this forum, I'm sure.

Is anyone here from Montreal, or close? What do you know about the laws here regarding MBs?

Also, I'd love to have a fellow MB friend here in Montreal so spend time with and learn about the trade.

Law in province of Quebec

Hi hassoun
I'm from Sherbrooke Qc and what i know about the laws in the province of Quebec is that a Motorized bike are just like a normal bicycle. You can ride on the street or anyplace a normal bicycle can go. I ride a MB here for about 3 month and i cross 3 time a police car. The police check to me but do nothing all the 3 times. I hope this will help you.

Back