new motor leaking fuel

usnavyret

Local time
12:25 AM
hello all i have a stinger 80cc engine kit on my huffy. engine run good. but the carb leaks fuel win i stop. is this normal. if not how do you fix it. it is leak from the bottom of the bowl. any help would be thank full. iam no good with carbs.:bowdown:

Make sure your drain screw is tight on the bottom of your bowl. Also it's probably a good idea to flip the fuel off from your tank when you're not riding.

I dont turn mine off, you should'nt. Iam sure you checked the screw by the fuel attatch screw by the throttle attatch. and choke opening. ?? uummm

the screw is tight and i do turn off the fuel when not riding. it leaks the fuel that is in the
gas line. thank you for your help. if any one else has a idea iwood love to hear them.

Some of the factory fuel valves are known for dribbling out fuel even when turned off.
Luck of the draw when they box up the kits.
Also you may want to check/ adjust the float height in the carburetor. If it is set wrong from the factory (quite common actually) it will not turn off the fuel flow into the float bowl at an appropriate level and can easily flood the carburetor.
Here's a link to a thread by AussieSteve that may be of great help to you:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=24867

Back