New motor problem

Shannon

Local time
10:17 PM
New motor seeutek pk 80 the analog speedometer read 49mph while my digital speedometer read 29km which is 18mhp I don't think the analog speedometer is working right I think I'm actually going 18mph I was riding with traffic they was blowing passed me and my gf did a test with our car she was at 25mph whole time and analog said 49 so if anyone could help me get top speed thanks and there's no air leaks I already check

You are using a speedo hookup with a gear for a wheel that's bigger than what you are using. You might also have a piece of crap speedo that is under tensioned so the pointer goes farther than it should.

18mph is kinda bad, if not an air leak then you just have an out if tune engine or one with low compression. You'll have to fool around with it more in both those cases.

How would messing around with trottle cable and idle screw possibly put me at the right speed that the more gos or close to it I use it as a daily driver to work but today is it's first trail of ever running I haven't even broke it in yet

Those analog speedometers are junk. Even when working "properly" it's impossible for them to be as accurate as a digital speedometer that allows you to set the tire circumference.

Those analog speedometers are junk. Even when working "properly" it's impossible for them to be as accurate as a digital speedometer that allows you to set the tire circumference.
Well my only real comment is that many many many motorcycles used analog meters, and still do. The cheap ones are certainly a bunch of crapola but if using the right tire and speedo feed gear you can get as accurate as a digital, it's just easier in digital because a computer stops the need to find perfectly compatible parts. They usually use a spinning magnet and a bell that sits around it with an air gap, as the magnet spins it drags the metal bell around, the bell has a counterweight in the form of a spring that pulls it back to 0mph with a predictable amount of force.

When you have something that is really rather comparable to watchwork you can imagine how extremely cheap manufacturing could make something like that function like complete s**t. Speedos on actual road worthy and quality motorcycles are very accurate, the 5 dollar plastic thing you can find at Walmart....

Would me just now breaking in the bike the reason it's slow until it's finally broken in

Well my only real comment is that many many many motorcycles used analog meters, and still do. The cheap ones are certainly a bunch of crapola but if using the right tire and speedo feed gear you can get as accurate as a digital
My problem is not that analog can't be accurate, but that these particulate analog speedometers can't be calibrated. "Works for 26-27 inch tires" is a range of 1913 to 2182 cm according to the Cateye chart. That's a 14% difference.

No the instructions I got said in bold letters that everything is done all I have to do is mount everything that it's a mount and go kit

They lied. Simple as.
In my experience you can get double that speed from a 66cc, during the break-in stage, just by doing some of the very easiest and most popular/conventional mods and corrections mentioned on the forum.
For now, try moving the C clip on the needle, from the middle notch to the second from top.

Back