New motor questions

wan37

Local time
8:18 AM
I have a 50cc that’s new. Should I break it in with new nt carb or new racing carb and I also new a expansion chamber that’s has a little muffler on end or stock muffler ? Tell me what you think guys. I’ve usually stick to stock but everything is new now. These are some of pictures of the carb yes I’ll kept plastic spacer in the carb if you guys tell me to use it. I just don’t have any other pic of the carb.thanks

Attachments

• 775B7F2B-38EF-4B5D-B366-65338BBA8A3C.jpeg
    775B7F2B-38EF-4B5D-B366-65338BBA8A3C.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 99BCFE93-106A-4DE7-9E6E-1A5305274319.jpeg
    99BCFE93-106A-4DE7-9E6E-1A5305274319.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 3FFD294D-DD9E-465B-9EC2-849DF3BD649C.jpeg
    3FFD294D-DD9E-465B-9EC2-849DF3BD649C.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 164
You definitely need that spacer. You should get it running on the stock carb first, there's not as many adjustments. Once you know it runs good then swap out the carb. You don't have to wait for it to be broke in or broken down to add mods.

I have another question which is better the clear fuel line or black rubber fuel line. I’ve watched some videos on YouTube and I see a lot of black rubber being used. I like the clear that way you can watch the fuel flow . So what the reason you see a lot of black .

I have another question which is better the clear fuel line or black rubber fuel line. I’ve watched some videos on YouTube and I see a lot of black rubber being used. I like the clear that way you can watch the fuel flow . So what the reason you see a lot of black .
some kits and motors come with black some come with clear... i dont think it makes a huge difference.

Just make sure it's Fuel line and it's the right Dia.
Fuel line comes in many different colours. Just to add a matching colour to your bike

i prefer the rubber ones as they tend to last longer before they crack, i go to autozone and buy the automotive grade stuff in bulk (paid around 6$ for 4ft of fuel line) plastic stuff tends to harden and not make a great seal (tend to leak around the joints) but for the price there a lot cheaper, and fuel flowing though them does look cool!

Motion Pro fuel line is the best IMO It can be bought at M/C shops.

Attachments

• DSCF1057.JPG
    DSCF1057.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 141
I like the clear fuel resistant because it doesn’t harden from gas and since there not a lot of pressure. If I see it leaking which 1/4 inch usually doesn’t but i if so I find a real little zip tie it and done. I like to watch my gas flow because some times I forget to turn the gas off, when done riding.

After awhile the Clear Fuel Line will become hard. That's the time to put on a new fuel line and change the fuel filter.
I hope your gas don't keep flowing when ya turn your motor off. If ya forget to turn off the peacock then the carb float needle should stop the gas.

You're ok if you ride at night, the sun hardens the fuel line without ever riding it or fuel going through it. That goes for the black one too.

Back