New motor to buy

Joel beller

Local time
3:18 AM
I am buying a backup engine what is the best kit to buy and looking at the pk80 .most reasonable price and most reliable..have bike berry 2-stroke 80cc slant kit now .1-year-old but having too many problems with it..thks

The china girl engines only last so long. I did the same thing as you. I blew out one and i bought another. I shouldn't have because they look cool but are not as reliable as the weedwacker looking engines. You might wanna consider a Honda GX50.

I am buying a backup engine what is the best kit to buy and looking at the pk80 .most reasonable price and most reliable..have bike berry 2-stroke 80cc slant kit now .1-year-old but having too many problems with it..thks
If you replace a few of the faulty bits in the motor you have now, you'll end up with a more reliable motor, and a great learning experience. They are light, small parts, easy to fit on bench or table, and when done you can say "I did it myself".

Put just a few bucks and little bit of upgrading & you'll be surprised at how good you can get them to run. GT5 or PK80 Good engines Look @ my media . That's a PK80 from Ozark Cruisers. (350.00)

If it's your primary transportation and you need to get to work, go for the replacement. But otherwise, they are hobby vehicles.

The 2 stroke engines can be made fairly reliable and smooth running but lets be honest, I would get on my 40 year old Goldwing tomorrow and ride coast to coast. The Japanese people at Honda know what they're doing

Now the Chinese gotta learn how to make a good engine and what quality control means.
A knock off copied from a knock off is what their famous for.

Instead of spending $100 or more on a backup engine from the middle man, just buy a $65 one directly from china on alibaba.com. You'll have to wait about a month for it to deliver but Its just a backup engine so I'm sure you won't mind waiting to save at least $35 or more likely save $100.

Last edited:
Back