New motor, WHERE do you mount the exhaust?

artmaker

Local time
5:49 PM
Gave up on ever fixing my 4 stroke, so.... went against my own rule of never buying from bikeberry and got a motor.
THIS one.

I have to head to the hardware store now because they can't even include 4 mounting bolts. That's not a huge deal but.....
LOOK at this thing? WHERE does one mount the exhaust? I took the cover off where their little nub of an exhaust pipe sticks out thinking maybe that was mounted on like any other exhaust but no. It's one solid piece. Only that little end piece is screwed on but I can't attach my old muffler to that.
I'd just leave it alone BUT.... that's right near where my leg goes. I sure don't want hot stinky exhaust hitting me there.

Is it possible to get a flex tube of some kind and just clamp it onto that dumb little pipe thing? Wouldn't be a "muffler" but at least it would direct the hot exhaust away from me.

Any suggestions?

OH one more question.

My last motor, exact same size, I put a heavy duty set of clutch pads on it. CLEAN FORGOT how to get that off. So how DOES one remove and replace those again????

That bike only had a few years of use, so pads are fine. As long as I have everything taken apart, thought I'd swap them out now. OR.... do I really need to worry about this? Actually the only reason I got the extra heavy duty pads was because my previous motor had a horrible home made clutch cover that did not keep road gunk out at all. Thought the clutch pads were no good, but later I had to buy a better enclosed system anyway.

That little nub is just the outlet for the muffler. The black cover has to come off to access the studs, then the new muffler or straight pipe goes on the engine head.

Yea I figured it out. Wrote to bikeberry asking why this motor doesn't at least come with mounting studs.... got the reply it's JUST a motor you need to add all the stuff to it. Well... fine. "Just the motor" then WHY did I have to remove some screen thing, and the what looks like a mini exhaust system of some kind just to access the holes to screw in mine? Just a motor my eye. Just what ever crap they got from China.

But I think I have it on finally. Tomorrow I get fresh gas, oil, hope it starts.

Oh... say. I'll probably find out tomorrow but here,
The wires for electrical stuff... two that plug into the thing that comes with the motor. So ok, got that together but it's sure not water tight.
Is there a good way to seal that up properly? Or just use black electrical tape and call it good?

Yea I figured it out. Wrote to bikeberry asking why this motor doesn't at least come with mounting studs.... got the reply it's JUST a motor you need to add all the stuff to it. Well... fine. "Just the motor" then WHY did I have to remove some screen thing, and the what looks like a mini exhaust system of some kind just to access the holes to screw in mine? Just a motor my eye. Just what ever crap they got from China.

But I think I have it on finally. Tomorrow I get fresh gas, oil, hope it starts.

Oh... say. I'll probably find out tomorrow but here,
The wires for electrical stuff... two that plug into the thing that comes with the motor. So ok, got that together but it's sure not water tight.
Is there a good way to seal that up properly? Or just use black electrical tape and call it good?
If you never plan to take it a part again, use brush on electrical tape, some kind of polymer that comes in a can with a little brush inside to apply. Works a peach.

OH great idea..... but I don't know about the "never planning on taking it apart" bit. So.... maybe for now at least, stick with black tape. But yea, that's a good idea... will keep that in mind for when things do need to be forever.

AH just looked this stuff up. It CAN be removed as needed. Ok, it's on my shopping list... thanks. :)

YARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VENT TIME. Bikeberry. NEVER EVER EVER WASTE TIME WITH THEM! "LIVE CHAT." NO ONE ANSWERS.
Email..... takes days and I get WRONG answers.
Tried calling on the phone, after listening to their BS about "Did you know we have live chat?" ONLY TO BE CUT OFF!

WHY did I break my own rule about NEVER BUYING FROM THEM AGAIN?????? note to self, LISTEN to your own voices.
Probably cost me more to send this worthless giant paperweight back than I paid to buy it.

If my memory serves the ones with the vent on the front and the pipe that comes on the side is the muffler and if you want to install your own muffler you gotta take that off

for 6$ more could of got this and this has a belt trans also and it doesn't have that front vent to deal with and over 818322 reviews 97% positive

s-l1600.jpg

here

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I got the muffler thing resolved. Just had to remove all their junk first. And my set up is WAY better than that kit. Once I get this running I'll pop a more recent photo up.

Back