New motor, wont start, leaking gas. HELP!

Keep the old tube, cut the valve stem off, clean it out all the gunk and put it inside then put the new tube in, adds little extra protection for your new tube

Darwin right on. Extra thick tubes, those slime guards on top of that, and good tires. I did pick up glass but it only went through the tire in a tiny hole. Didn't phase the guard or the tube. Faulty seal around the valve but my bet, that's a rare fluke. I'm glad to know riding through a pile of cut glass didn't actually phase the tube though.

Thought you all might like to see a fresh photo of the green beast you all have been helping put back on the road.

Cheers.

Attachments

• GreenBikePhoto.JPG
    GreenBikePhoto.JPG
    236.8 KB · Views: 101
SWEET RIDE! I'm hoping to get some help from a friend end of this month on my other bike. He got it started but what ever it was fried right away. I have a stack of parts, ready to try again with some help. Then I'll get a fresh shot of that one and add to this.

DOH know what? Forgot I have a video. Here.

DOH know what? Forgot I have a video. Here.
Nice bike, nice video, was happy to see that you did what I did and check out the laws that some states try to apply to our bicycles.

I'm fortunate to be in New Mexico where they are totally regarded as just bicycles...Here is what the NM Motor Vehicle Division, (MDV), has to say about it.

Chapter 18 – Other “Vehicles”

Section E. Motorized Bicycles
Revised November 30, 2017

Motorized Bicycles are not considered to be mopeds or motorcycles.

By current MVD practice, motorized bicycles are considered to be bicycles (not mopeds or motorcycles) and are not subject to the titling and registration requirements of the Motor Vehicle Code.

You simply have to follow laws governing bicycles in New Mexico is all which is just common sense.

Section D. Bicycles
Revised November 30, 2017

Bicycle defined (§66-1-4.2(A))

A bicycle is a device propelled by human power upon which any person may ride, having two tandem wheels, except scooters and similar devices.

Traffic laws apply to bicycles (§66-3-702)

Every person riding a bicycle upon a roadway shall be granted all of the rights and shall be subject to all of the duties applicable to the driver of a vehicle, except as noted below.

Ridng bicycles on roads or bicycle paths (§66-3-705)

1. Every person operating a bicycle upon a roadway shall ride as near to the right side of the roadway as practicable, exercising due care when passing a standing vehicle or one proceeding in the same direction.

2. Persons riding bicycles upon a roadway shall not ride more than two abreast except on paths or parts of roadways set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles.

3. Notwithstanding any provision of this section, no bicycle shall be operated on any roadway in a manner that would create a public safety hazard.

??Lamps and other equipment (§66-3-707)

1. Every bicycle when in use at nighttime shall be equipped with a lamp on the front which shall emit a white light visible from a distance of at least five hundred feet to the front and with a red reflector on the rear of a type approved by the division which shall be visible from all distances from fifty feet to three hundred feet to the rear when directly in front of lawful upper beams of head lamps on a motor vehicle. A lamp emitting a red light visible from a distance of five hundred feet to the rear may be used in addition to the red reflector.

2. No person shall operate a bicycle unless it is equipped with a bell or other device capable of giving a signal audible for a distance of at least one hundred feet, except that a bicycle shall not be equipped with, nor shall any person use upon a bicycle any siren or whistle.
3. Every bicycle shall be equipped with a brake which will enable the operator to make the brake wheels skid on dry, level, clean pavement.
The Motor Vehicle Division is neither required nor authorized to title or register bicycles.

That's a great post, one worth hanging on to for people like me who have anal greedy for power democrats in charge of our government right now.
JUST in case I ever do get cited. Doubtful, again my local little area here, cops are all pretty cool.

In Mi any thing 100cc and lower is a moped and you need at-least a moped license but i've been riding none stop on these things town to town they don't care as long as you got lights on front and back and you obey stops etc etc the BASIC laws that you should

Back