New Motorbike

Logan Hallisey

Local time
11:15 AM
I have a Schwinn OCC Stingray chopper and I want to put a motor on it. I want it to go rather fast but still be able to make it up hills quite well. My budget is $400. What should I buy to make this bike an awesome one?

I doubt you'll make it under $400 - the OCC is a hard build, while hill climbing with speed is also hard.

Keep in mind that the OCC Stingray is a super cheap, super weak Chinese made bike. I bought one for my nephew when they first came out. I rode it around a bit before giving it to him. He was 9 years old at the time, and destroyed it in short order. Notice they no longer make them. They were a cash cow for the manufacturer for a while, but they quit making them when they started falling apart. I don't think you can even get rear tubes for them now. I do wish someone would build a quality chopper styled bike, but that fad seems to be over.

Keep in mind that the OCC Stingray is a super cheap, super weak Chinese made bike. I bought one for my nephew when they first came out. I rode it around a bit before giving it to him. He was 9 years old at the time, and destroyed it in short order. Notice they no longer make them. They were a cash cow for the manufacturer for a while, but they quit making them when they started falling apart. I don't think you can even get rear tubes for them now. I do wish someone would build a quality chopper styled bike, but that fad seems to be over.
You may think that, but this bike was bought by my cousin who is 23 now, when she was 6. So this bike has withstood 17 years of hard riding and still is in perfect working order.

Back