New motored bike today

Here is a couple of pics of what a buddy and I did today. We started tearing apart a four stroke weed eater last night just to see what it looked like and found that it might just make a good bike engine. Today we tore into it a little more and about 5 hours later we were going 30mph!! No lie!

Attachments

• IMG_2121.jpg
    IMG_2121.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 966
  • IMG_2120.jpg
    IMG_2120.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 622
  • IMG_2116.jpg
    IMG_2116.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 565
  • IMG_2115.jpg
    IMG_2115.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 887
Thumbs down.

A child's bicycle? The most lenient of State laws requior the rider to be 15 years old, so why use a little girl's bike that only has a coaster brake?
Posting videos of a long hair with worn out jeans riding this mistake does nothing to serve this hobby or needed transportation, depending on who you are and what your income is.

Sorry Pete, I did not mean to offend you. The only reason it was installed on a child's bike was for research and development and that bike was just laying around. I thought it would be better to throw that one away if mistakes were made rather than throwing away a perfectly good Schwinn Tiger. Do I have permission, now that I have figured out HOW to make it work, to put it on a larger adult's bike? Please.

I apologize for not cutting my hair too. I guess I am just an irresponsible adult that has never really grown up. Hair does make the man ya know...just ask Samson or Deliliah.

And for the jeans...well, I didn't get my welfare check this month and I traded all my foodstamps for crack.

BTW, could you spare a dime? I need some new pants.

Dan

In rural areas one can do as they wish but within the city limits things get tight real quick. Go-peds are History here in SoCal because of inappropriatly dressed, loud piped, speeders, rampaging the locals. I do not wish to have the athorities in my town go after gasoline power assisted bicycles because of the type of contraption in the vids. No helmet, exposed flywheel fan, vice grips and the long hair comment was directed at a party animal attitude carried by most long haired head banger youngsters. I am not PC, I live in the real world and want to see a real acceptance of what this site represents. Call me an old crudmudgeon if you wish but my opinions gathered over 60 years of living won't change much.

Please read the Hurt Report summary, noting that most motorcycle accidents happen at under 29mph. http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~john/vfr/hurt.html
You guys that live in States that don't requior helmets...enjoy trying to recover from head injuries. Tain't fun to have those that love you watch the recovery, if it can even be called that. Gary Busey gives talks on head injury recovery. Google him if you think I lie.:cool:

iRide, I think you missed this post. :D
And no you can not have a dime.

iRide, I think you missed this post. :D
And no you can not have a dime.

Let me tell you one thing there Pete. I know the importance of safety gear more than most here. I had a crash on a bicycle that fractured my skull, broke my neck in two places, broke my back in two places, and broke off a rib. I have titanium rods holding my 7 of the vertabrae between my shoulders straight. I got the point. I live in a rural town of about 2000 people and I am NOT an "inappropriatly dressed, loud piped, speeders, rampaging the locals." I think you need to down a shot of geritol and chill. Maybe in 15 or so years, when I get to be your age, I will see things a little differently.

Dan

Last edited:
P.S.

I would love to stay and chat about this but I have to go to a friend's funeral service/celebration of life. Yes, he was killed on a motorcycle last week and his name is Mike Phillips. He was wearing a helmet, which is required here in Oregon.

I get the point Pete.

Dan

P.S.

I would love to stay and chat about this but I have to go to a friend's funeral service/celebration of life. Yes, he was killed on a motorcycle last week and his name is Mike Phillips. He was wearing a helmet, which is required here in Oregon.

I get the point Pete.

Dan

Condolences are inorder.

I have been to the services of few friends that passed while riding myself.
And my worst was a fractured pelvis. I take riding power assisted bicycles and motorcycles quite seriously when it come to "the gear" and not being under the influence.

Pete

Sweet homebuilt!...keep it up, who knows what You'll build next. That thing's got charachter.

I love this place, the forced civility is great too, kind of like when my cousins fight about their new child when company is around they say 'babe' instead of **** you.

E. & G.
E) "I thought you were going to feed him babe",
G) "I'm kind of busy cleaning the kitchen right now babe, can you do it"?
E) "Babe, can't you see I'm doing my homework"?.

holy moly, iRide! wutta neat lil contraption, i love it!!

if you have anything techie to share, and i bet you do, why not go play with the other amazing maniacs over here: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=4770

moped-dan: they do talk about "roller technology" in that topic, too... go ahead & join in!

Dan....yes, please come over to the thread augie mentions above. It's all about unusual ways to motor a bicycle. everyone is welcome to share their ideas, ask questions and post your pics.

your little friction drive bike rocks. I need to know more about the 4 stroke weedwhacker. cc's? what brand name? sure makes the lil bike roll!! good job!!

I love this place, the forced civility is great too, kind of like when my cousins fight about their new child when company is around they say 'babe' instead of **** you.

So when Sonny and Cher was singing "Babe" They were really saying....It all makes sense now!

Back