New NH guy here!!!

crispy23c

Local time
4:58 PM
Hi,
I am new to these forums. I have been fascinated with motorized bikes for some time, being the weekend gearhead that I am :devilish:
I am considering building a motorized bike or trike, and a little research is in order.
Looks like a great forum to learn and make new friends on!!!!!

Chris

Seems like a great place to learn. I know stuff but need to learn more, and besides, these look like fun!

Hey welcome to the NH party! I've been riding my motorized bikes in the Monadnock region for about 3 years with no problems from the local PD. I'm not quite sure if these things require registration as a moped or motor driven cycle in our state yet though. I haven't seen any laws that specifically describe them but im planning to visit the Milford DMV/state police HQ to see what their legal status is. If you're planning on riding in higher traffic or more urban areas I would suggest the same. I'll post in the "Laws and Legislation" section when I find out for sure what are laws are. But so far I've only had pleasant waves from my local patrolmen.

The closest thing I can find on NH.Gov is a "motor-driven cycle"
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XXI/259/259-65.htm
"CHAPTER 259
WORDS AND PHRASES DEFINED
Section 259:65
259:65 Motor-driven Cycle. – ""Motor-driven cycle'' shall mean any motorcycle or motor scooter with a motor which produces not to exceed 5 horse-power, and any bicycle with motor attached, but not including mopeds.

Source. RSA 259:1, XIV-a. 1967, 415:3. 1976, 4:6. 1981, 146:1, eff. Jan. 1, 1982."

So when inquiring about the law you should probably refer to your bike as such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Chris. Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.

General request to all new members.
Please, before posting any questions, do a search. Then READ,READ,READ.
There is a ton of information here. Many of your engine and performance issues in the Garage & Tech/Mech Help have already been covered. Here at MBc we are the home of nearly all MoteredBike questions. If you search and are unable to find your answer, don't hesitate to post your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
Here's a great post link to get you started.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=9263&highlight=things+done+first+time

Back