New no flat product.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hi,

Same here as well...My last bike before the new one i built in May of this year, was 5 yrs old before frame broke and had gone 6,000 miles with Bell Kevlar tires and slime tubes...no flats ever and ive been and still do keep running over mesquite thorns, goat heads, glass, etc. here in the desert...i put new kevlars and tubes on the new bike but saved the older ones as spares that still have plenty of tread and life left in them...I never have any flats...DAMIEN

I dont use the "liners" but the actual "Bell" brand, Kevlar reinforced tires and the "Super Thick", "Slime" brand, self sealing tubes...Just run a simple google search for other suppliers as well...DAMIEN

My last bike before the new one i built in May of this year, was 5 yrs old before frame broke and had gone 6,000 miles with Bell Kevlar tires and slime tubes...no flats ever and ive been and still do keep running over mesquite thorns, goat heads, glass, etc. here in the desert...i put new kevlars and tubes on the new bike but saved the older ones as spares that still have plenty of tread and life left in them...I never have any flats...DAMIEN

Last edited:
I just wanted to also mention about the tires/tubes that im using is that because of the extra stiffness of the Kevlar tires and using the Super Thick tubes, versus regular standard tires and standard tubes, that im doing somewhat of a break-in as well on them.

For the first 100 to 150 miles, I set them BELOW the recommended tire inflation recommendation of between 40 to 65 PSI marked on the kevlars.

I had them set at 35 PSI.

Thereafter The 1st 100 to 150 miles,I have them set at 45 PSI.

This proceedure seems to help a lot with flexibilty which you really want to have some with tires.

Anymore than 45 PSI, they will make you feel like the early pioneers of the old west, driving their Conestoga wagons on their hard wooden wheels where you feel every pebble you run over...its OK to run over the cockroaches though...lol.

Thats even with the weight of the bike at 80 pounds and my fat lard butt of 215 pds sitting on it,...(The bike keeps yelling at me saying, "Get off me ya FAT BA$@#%D")...lol...Those tires and tubes ride beautifully at 45 PSI and they really last.

I still have the old set i used on my other bike, what had the frame break on me, They have six thousand miles on them and show very minimal wear and tear, so im keeping them as spares, just in case...DAMIEN

Last edited:
Back