New NoVA/DC Metro area rider

• Thread starter jimmy the moose
  • Start date
J

jimmy the moose

Hello Everybody,

I've been reading this forum for a while now. I started looking at the possibilty of adding an engine to a bike a long time ago. As a long-time rafter and driftboater I was always on the lookout for an alternative shuttle method for the car. I've used the bike but it adds a mildly strenuous 10 mile ride to an already physically active day. I never trusted their viability to haul me around until I read your forum. I've bought an 80 cc kit which I am preparing to install on a mountain bike and I'm hoping for the best. It should get here Monday! I'm a big fan of your forum and I have learned endless information from reading all the past threads.

James

Last edited by a moderator:
He Jimmy,

I have a friend in NC who got one, works second shift, and does EXACTLY that, drops the bike in the woods, kayaks/fishes/drifts, and recovers the car in no time, relaxing rather than streneous.

He does it at least once a week, three hours of serenity.

Welcome aboard

i haven't enjoyed any serious rafting/drifting/floating since boyhood in new england, i can imagine how the 2 interests would go together well :D

what's next, pontoons? :p :LOL:

pay close attention to wheel and tire posts if you're gonna run the trails and access roads...you've already read read read the forums (how cool) but a reminder never hurts, build a good foundation for that engine... :)

welcome to the MBc :cool:

Welcome aboard James !
Keep us posted on your new machine...yer gonna love it !!

I wonder if you'll find yourself paddling harder so you can get to the bike? Welcome to MBc.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. This seems like such a great community. I have read through and noticed how everybody helps eachother and even come through when another member really needs it. How refreshing, I wishthe rest of the world shared the same community spirit.

Back