New...Old Guy

P

prowler

I've been wanting to build one of these Chinese motor kits for a couple years now and finally got around to it. I've already posted regarding exhaust pipes in the general discussion area, so thought I should probably throw something in here. I was happy to find out that motored bikes are actually legal in Wisconsin (as long as they won't go faster than 30MPH w/150# rider on board and have a 2sq/in reflector in the back). All that's required is a driver's license (13yr old is a bit pissed about that....) See attached photo for the bike. My 17yr old is running it mostly.
1713_bicycle_002_1.jpg

prowler said:
I've been wanting to build one of these Chinese motor kits for a couple years now and finally got around to it. I've already posted regarding exhaust pipes in the general discussion area, so thought I should probably throw something in here. I was happy to find out that motored bikes are actually legal in Wisconsin (as long as they won't go faster than 30MPH w/150# rider on board and have a 2sq/in reflector in the back). All that's required is a driver's license (13yr old is a bit P****d about that....) See attached photo for the bike. My 17yr old is running it mostly.
1713_bicycle_002_1.jpg

Is that your bike? I am telling you, that is one of the most beautiful motorized bikes I have ever seen, drop dead gorgeous. Whoever put that together has the hands of an artisan. :eek:

exhaust

The exhaust with the silencer is not too loud. You can hear it from maybe a half city block away or so. The silencer does a nice job of lowering the pitch of the exhaust noise. So far the new headpipe is holding up well, although we're still breaking in the engine. Will be interesting to see long term. I noticed these things vibrate like crazy at higher RPM. I can see why guys are having frames break etc. Is anyone running an aluminum frame with one of these motors?

hi

nice bike you shoulda got more than 1 vote on bike of the month! It's very nive and I like red too...
Good luck motoring..

Beautiful Bike. If you are having trouble with vibration, look at the mounting you are using. I went through a lot of engine work looking for a vibration problem, there is a slight difference in engines but the mounting is the biggest problem. I have a Schwinn and the area the engine is in is so large I can not get it to stop vibrating. I am going to have to think of a new way to hold it in. On one of the first two smoke Honda's, we had a lot of this kind of trouble, the engine bolts came loose, and the vibration would knock the enamel off your teeth, snug the bolts down and all was well. Have fun, Dave

PS:I am new to the group but I put my introduction post in the wrong place, some day I will get the hang of these things.

Back