New One Piece Head Kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Engine is breaking in nicely. Got about 10mi on it yesterday.

It's still not performing as well as the other engine, but since I mounted this one, I made sure to have better alignment. The smoothness is considerably better. As it's breaking in, the top speed seems to be decent, just slightly below the old one, but surprisingly it's not doing great on hills. That's odd because it's performing better in the low end range on straitaways. It may just be that this engine has less power and thats what I'm feeling. Still without going WOT for more then 10s at a time, I got it going 26 mph in a mostly flat area.

I definately want to look at the ports later, because I'm thinking it's possible they're not well aligned. Unless this engine has less stroke or displacemnt, I can't figure out the difference.

I'm about one tank left at 16:1. Then I'm done with break in. I don't want to fully judge this motor before break in is done, but I'm sure it doesn't have the same power as my old two piece one. It is 4-stroking at about 50% to WOT (mostly high rpm), but I don't want to play with jets until I'm at my normal oil/gas mix. As of now, it's pushing about 26mph on the flats with a new 38 tooth sprocket. Not really impressed. Worse then the fact that the 38 tooth didn't give me any more top speed, and the motor doesn't seem so happy on the hills.

I did remove my stock exhaust baffle. I need every bit of help on the hills I can get and surprisingly that made a big difference.

So, I'll probably have it running better when it gets re-jetted, but for now, I'm just thinking I may never be happy with this engine. I'd really like another 10mph or so, but that may require a different motor.

It would be far better for the break-in to use the stock gearing. 38 tooth is quite ways taller than 44, it's not like you have a multi speed transmission to select different gears from.

I like these new engines with the one piece head/cylinders, do you have a link for that?

It would be far better for the break-in to use the stock gearing. 38 tooth is quite ways taller than 44, it's not like you have a multi speed transmission to select different gears from.

I like these new engines with the one piece head/cylinders, do you have a link for that?

Purchased on Ebay...

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

I am going to switch to a 44T or higher, but want it to be hub mounted. Need to order one, but just want to give this one a shot when my mix isn’t oil heavy.

Its funny, removing my exhaust baffle helped a ton on hills. Hoping the new exhaust goes further.

I am going to switch to a 44T or higher, but want it to be hub mounted. Need to order one, but just want to give this one a shot when my mix isn’t oil heavy.

Its funny, removing my exhaust baffle helped a ton on hills. Hoping the new exhaust goes further.
Probably running rich as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back