new owner - bought a used bike- pics

Local time
5:10 PM
Bought one for my son in college. The bike is a 21 speed diamondback . The motor kit I am unsure of. I spent 12 hours fixing all the **** the previous owner did wrong. I came on here to show off the bike and see what motor is on it. Any help would be appreciated. I have a ton of mechanical skills to help out too.
I custom made an idler gear because the plastic junk broke twice on the previous owner. I have a list of things I fixed and will share at a later time.
i like a new project. The bike is running fine now.
img00114201109191456.jpg

By double1trouble1 at 2011-09-19

img00112201109191455.jpg

By double1trouble1 at 2011-09-19

Welcome to MBc, Double. Very nice re-build. Anyone would be proud to ride that MB down the street with pride and a large grin. It is clean, and slick. One thing about your post, tho...when you post pics, please load them 'with' the body of the text, rather than 'within' the body of the text. this is because when they are 'within' the text, they turn out way too large for many of our members to download. When they are 'with' the text, they show as thumbnails that will expand to the full sized picture. Here is a post by our Administrator, Loquin and a link to the whole thread started with a Tutorial from a Member, Large Philipino:

05-31-2011, 05:03 PM
loquin
Administrator Join Date: Jan 2008

Note: if you have just a few pictures, ms Paint works fine for re-sizing them.

Just choose the Image, Stretch/Skew menu, then enter your percentage to stretch (less than 100 to shrink, greater than 100 to stretch) in both the Horizontal and Vertical boxes.

Also, note that we much prefer that you upload your images, rather than inserting them. There are several reasons for this:
When you insert images inline by providing the URL of the source, the image is hosted from the other site. That means that some of the content of THIS site is dependent on that other site being available, and that the image hasn't been renamed or deleted (either accidentally or on purpose) on the other site. Here's an example post with this problem.

Some members access this site, using a modem over a phone line. Images that are uploaded to the site have thumbnails displayed, which take very little time to display, even over a modem. images displayed inline can take what SEEMS like forever to display over a phone line...
More members are using smart phones or other small-screen devices like the kindle, or tablet PCs to access the site. Again, thumbnails are handled by small-screen devices MUCH better than potentially large inline images.

Lou

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?p=319269&highlight=upload+pictur......

It will come up at the bottom of the thread, so scroll up to the top for the tutorial.

Good Luck and God Bless...PatrickW

Last edited:
2-stroke

Hey DT, The engine looks like the standard 2-stroke 66/80cc chinese bicycle engine. I say 66/80cc because in some other countries, including China, They measure the entire cylinder space. That would be 80cc. Other countries, including the U.S. only measure the cylinder space while excluding the head dome space, So here it's a 66cc. It's OK to call it either one, everyone will know what your talking about. If you need parts the cheapest place to go is e-bay. Just type in "Bicycle Engine" and you'll get a gazillion engines, parts and accessories. Some people say e-bay parts are TOO cheap. I try not to put all my money into my bikes, So I use e-bay a lot.
Good looking bike by the way. With the 80cc you should get 35 or 40mph out of her. Just be cool and always keep the rubber side down.
Big Red.

thanks red

I really was just wondering what vendor it might come from. I have been researching these bikes a lot just for the knowledge and like I do with any potentially profitable hobby. I have a line on a bike with a new grubee kit that needs one part. probably a 2009 or 10. Are these junk motors?
I also have a line on a sachs moped. ride or restore. It does not run ,but if I buy it , it will. People pay me probably double when I buy this stuff , get it running and sell it in the spring. I always like to keep one around for myself or in this case, my kid.
I really am glad I stumbled onto this site and these bikes. As the race to the bottom continues , more of us will need this type of transportation. we can be China's little biotch .

Back