New Owner with problems....

Hi Mortiseman, The only problem I have encountered with the WC-1 carburetor was stopped up jets & passages. And in each case it was because the bike had set for a long time and the gas dried up and left residue inside. Normally a little carburetor cleaner and little effort cured the problems. If the carburetor becomes a major problem, I am sure I have several somewhere in stock, and it wouldn't take much money if you need one. There are 2 adjustments that effect idle, the air/fuel mixture screw, and the idle adjustment screw. The idle adjustment screw is on the left side of carburetor and towards the rear, it also has a spring on the screw. The air/fuel mixture screw is also on the left side, but is towards the front and doesn't have an exterior spring on the screw. Start the motor and let it warm up [best if you ride bike for a short distance instead of running on stand], then place bike on stand and adjust the idle adjustment screw for a slightly fast idle, adjust the air/fuel mixture screw for maximum RPMs, the re-adjust idle screw for a lower idle speed [approx 1000 to 1200 RPMs]. Be careful not to lower idle too much as the motor doesn't use an oil pump, but rather a "dasher" on the rod to "splash" oil around inside the motor.
Often I put some carburetor cleaner in the tank to help clean the inside of the carburetor over time.
Hope this information is helpful,
Whizzer OuterBanks LTD
A North Carolina Corporation
Quenton

If I might add; I use a half capful of Marvel in the tank (full then add the oil) on occasion to keep the carb and such clean. Worked well going to New York, and around town here...

The bike is ideling great now. Thanks Quenton! I am also going to give that Marvel Magic Oil a shot.

I still have the issue with the Float filling up with gas. I ordered a new float yesterday. It is strange, there is a small hole in the bottom of the plastic fload and it just fill with gas. That make the float to heavy to preform its function and that is why I have gas flowing out of the overflow tube....

Thank you again for all of your help!!

MM

Back