New performance build questions

Another update on the build. I purchased the rest of the stainless hardware from belmetric. But holy cow $7 for shipping. Not used to that most of the motorized bike stuff has free shipping but oh well. Going to order the sick bike parts head studs too. The only thing I couldn't find is 75mm long 6mm studs in stainless for the rear mount. Belmetric jumps from 62mm to 100mm.

Got my car back. Can start focusing on the build again. I will get my paycheck tomorrow and have the money from my last one for the mechanic. The whole time it was a bad filter and fuel pump smh. don't know why it took 2 visits for him to find this out. Probably gonna be $400+. UPDATE: I got the rest of the stainless hardware in the mail today and the head studs should be here tomorrow. I will figure out something with those rear studs the stock ones were bent.

Last edited:
Got the carb
20180711_172916.jpg

Well where the carb clamps is too wide for the intake so I'll have to find another plastic piece that will make it fit or get a whole different reed valve. I have the ZEDA RSE reed valve UGH. Not to mention I need longer studs in 1.25 pitch because of the spacer and the ones I have are 1mm pitch.

Last edited:
How many times did that car go to the mechanic? Jesus I would have just fixed everything in one shot at home with a beer in hand.. I'm too damn cheap I guess.

Which valve do you have? If it's what you say, the rse then you can chop off the barrel on the plate to make it completely flat, you can then mount a normal intake (offset is better for this) to the face of it with the normal intake studs (though longer ones for the extra hardware.) Put a gasket between the 2 and may require slight modding of the intake to get it to fit aside the reed assembly bolts near the barrel.

I have found it really easy to use plastic bottles like those for Tylenol and cut them into very precise strips that are solid and slightly compressible as an adaption to an intake from a carb that didn't fit or have an adapter. I also happened to have a very perfect sized almost empty 10 year old bottle of dried out screw medic, it was a snug fit just into the carb clamp so I had a solid absolute seal preformed for me something like a decade ago.

I think if you have semi useless odds and ends you can make for a very decent seal if you go towards making something. I don't think I even needed sealant on that one, did have a lipped gasket in the butt of the carb connection so the standard 18-19 whatever mm sized intake rested further in the carb than the shim, that compression fit would probably be key to success regardless of the seal of the shim. If you have an appropriate o-ring seated then as long as the intake is smooth then it should result in a complete seal. The polypropylene plastic of those pill containers is gas proof, easy to cut, flexible, and easy to aquire.

I might try something like that. I do have some leftover 1/4 alum I could use as the flat plate instead of ruining the reed valve intake. But wouldn't using a stock intake manifold be restrictive to the upgraded carb? If a stock manifold is 16mm or 19mm (not sure) The clamp area on the VM18 is 23mm. I don't really trust Zeda to send me the 23mm manifold with the OZ reed valve. In the description it only says comes with 19mm and 21mm manifold. Just went fishing and caught a few creek chubs and a few baby bass, oh and got stung by a bee on my ankle lol. I'm probably going to work on that spacer again. Band saw would be perfect but I put a fresh blade on my hack saw.

Back