new pic.s NE-5 Whizzer

Well, if it works, here are the latest pic.s of the 1950 Schwinn DX / Whizzer NE-5 I'm building to ride to Indiana. It's coming together nicely now...

Side view-
166_1950_DX_Whiz_1.jpg

Front view-
166_1950_DX_Whiz_front_1.jpg

Rear View-
166_1950DX_Whiz_rear_1.jpg

Here's a couple of pic.s of one of my smaller storage areas with some of my toys/projects-
166_Bikes1_1.jpg

and another; "the Barnstormer" project in the back is my rack mounted 'Island Hopper' friction drive system, modified with an old skateboard wheel-
166_Bikes2_1.jpg

These are the results of combined boredom, a gas torch, and some Captain Morgans. I had some old wrenches in a box, and started goofing around with them. After I twisted them, I spied a couple of old brake levers, and well, with some cutting and brazing, you see the result. Dunno what I'm gonna use 'em on, but I'll figure it out-
166_Kustom_brake_levers_1.jpg

Well, that's about it for now...
Thanks for lrtting me share!
Rif

it's easy to see that the bike will make the journey with dignity, rif, it's a beaut :D

i see the shed is doing the job for you, that's a nice little display you've got going 8)

so, any chance of a weekend here on the peninsula before the long trip?

I love it, its very vintage. I think it would look awesome with the exposed ohv setup. The "barnstormer" is cool also.

augidog said:
so, any chance of a weekend here on the peninsula before the long trip?

Dunno, but I'd like to try. Let me see what's happening in early June-ish...

azkronic said:
looks to be comfortable for the long haul too 8)
those hairpin seats are pretty easy on the back
After that last trip I swear by 'em. This one has a little more give to it and bottoms out on the lower rods, so I got some adhesive from my upholstery friend, and a small chunk of that blue memory foam stuff, and attached it to the underside of the saddle. takes care of the problem...

Bikeguy Joe said:
Now THOSE are fenders.
Yeah, I got those from Mike Simpson for cheap 'cause they were damged in shipping. so I made an offer, and got 'em- Super Wide ducktail units...
The taillamp/license assy. is a custom aluminum unit from the seventies that I robbed off the same '73 CB 350 that the bars came from. I dig it.

If you painted the frame black, add footpegs (you seem to be missing pedals =], like me) and move the gas tank up closer to the front, it would totaly complete the look.

I see you have welded mounts, that looks a lot better than the clamp mounts I used on the Black Phantom and probably stronger too.

What a collection you have, This is the fun part, to see the other bikes out there and what others are doing, no matter how different. Is that maroon bike in the background a Whizzer pacemaker 11. If so, I have one just like it. Had a few bugs to work out but doing fine now.

That NE-5 seem to be a good engine, Will be interesting to watch your progress.

Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Back