New pictures of my Nirve Switchblade Chopper

OK, I was supposed to post these a long time ago, but I kept thinking I would wash my bike first. Well, now it's kind of clean. I washed it, but then I drove it to the beach again.

Anyway, here is what it looks like now.

Side view
202_PICT0373_1.jpg

Custom exhaust made from two shower head extensions from Ace Hardware.
202_PICT0383_1.jpg

Giant 60 tooth sprocket up front and 30 tooth in the back to get the chain to go over and under the motor, instead of mounting the motor above the chain.
202_PICT0386_1.jpg

202_PICT0387_1.jpg

really nice.
How is the steering angle at speed????

Love the fab to integrate the tank in the frame. BRILLIANT

Clean, clean, clean, I love it. One of the things I hate about the engine kits are the little gas tanks they come with. I am building a nirve also, the top tube is very well suite to being a tank, one of my main concerns in choosing this frame. How much gas do you think it holds? Did you have to plug any holes going into the steer tube or seat tube? I was planning on useing a 90 degree hose barb at the very end of the tube (low point) for the outlet, looks like it might be pretty tight on your bike. I would be stoked if you posted a picture of your solution for the gas cap -where and what you used. I also have the same forks as you and I am very concerned about not having any front brakes, any solutions on that? Welding on a disc brake mount and buying all the $$ parts is all I can come up with. Did you customize that seat post tube to make more room for the motor, love that low center of gravity. Sorry to inundate you with questions but my build will be so similar.Hope mine comes out that nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey ive been looking at you bike for a few minutes now wondering a few things about it. But first may i say you did a incredible job on it! That is a sweet looking bike.

Im making a chopper and i have to tilt the engine to sit correctly like the engine in your bike. WHen you tilt the engine like that do you have any running problems with it? and can you send some upclose pictures of the carb so i can see how you shaped the intake manifold so the carb sits straight? Besides that how did you seal the top tube to make a gas tank? Any pictures taken during the build?

Thanks
-Lil'Smokey

I have a deviate also

I have a deviate chopper and it rides awesome, very smooth and has m ore than enough leg room for some one taller than I am and Im 6'1" 215 lbs. I also have three quick videos on youtube catergorized under motoredbicycle chopper. And to let it be known these motors can be quite reliable after you get used to it . Ive hade my bicycle for about seven years and motorized for the last two and I ride hard in NYC. and fast gotten up to fourty but I ran out of space here in the city.I also have a new expansion chamber in chrome that I am waiting for in the mail and I will post pics when I install it. And I will get a high speed video on youtube asap. All this to say that these are perfect bikes to motorize and are made for big tall guys.

Attachments

• 2012-02-23 17.57.25.jpg
    2012-02-23 17.57.25.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 601
Back