New plan

Bama has what seem to be relatively simple instructions on frame mounting a Gebe. I'm sure you could do it.

problems so far....

On the good side it looks as if there is enough roof for the sheave (from the pictures at least)

It also looks as if there is enough room for the GEBE mount as well..

the big problem is brakes - I might end up with three different brakes if I cant extend the wiring on the brake light (ie fitting up a rear caliper brake to allow simple use).. (legality issues)

it also depends on the quality of the standard headlight as to what I have to do regards that.

I have as of now the following parts arriving or purchased for the bike:

110db bike alarm
cycle computer (small and discrete model)
tail/brake/indicator/horn set.

I will need

1 x 32cc tanaka engine kit
1 x HL210 mount (if the fitted headlight isnt good enough)
Decent D lock and keylock chain

wish me luck

Jemma xx

well,

I have the bike - but the headset bottom ballrace has bent itself all to blazes and I seem to be lacking parts for it.. while I can tighten up the top of the headset the bottom is open and floppy - any suggestions?

I have the headlight and horn working - first bike I have ever seen that takes batteries lol. The light is more than bright enough for the moment and the horn sounds somewhat like an austin 7 with a sore throat..

There are some small scratches on the bike :( but its otherwise ok.

Appologies for spelling mistakes and missing letters - I've been told ommisions and forgetting spellings and the names for things and such is common after what happened.

Jemma xx

I may be misunderstanding you but "tightening up the top of the headset", do you mean the stem, correct? If so, then that only has to do with the stem staying in place. I believe there is a large nut down below that tightens or loosens up the amount of friction the race and bearings have, that is what will take out the slop. Someone else here may be of more help than me.

I dont mean the part that connects to the handlebar - I mean the steering part itself, the one that goes through the frame and that the stem goes into.

the problem is that however hard I tighten the bolt around the top of that the there is still a good 1/8 of an inch of free play.

The lower ballrace - where the fork enters the frame should apparently sit in its place and just be free to turn.. but neither me or my father who had a look too can tighten up the thing so ball bearings dont fall out off the bottom of the frame/fork joint...

picture of the ball race part is below - that was fitted at the bottom of the frame where the fork goes in.

Jemma xx

Attachments

• IMAGE_036.jpg
    IMAGE_036.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 224
Is it possible the forks were from a different bike? Maybe there is not enough threads on the steer tube.

Can you put up a pic of the frame and forks?

Dan

I think there's a couple of different stock sizes on the bearings. Can you limp it to your local bike shop? And, it could be a problem with the top race. That could prevent tightening it up enough to hold the bottom one in place. Shouldn't be a big prob.

its not rideable unfortunately and the parts and such are right as its not a parts bin special - the bike comes with that springer... the only thing I can think of is when they took it apart to ship it they might have damaged it somehow :(

I'll try to post pics later on.. I dont feel so hot right now.

Jemma xx

Back