New plan

:cool:Is that 400 GBP, which converts to $825.54? I'm not familar with your currency.

Myron

Thats about right. Trouble is with the bike I have now its looking at costing me about £750 all in to make this bike up... *sigh*

Jemma xx

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek:That's UNBELIEVABLE!:eek:

I didn't realize you blokes had to invest so much into your bicycles.:eek:

On Sunday, I bought a year-old SCHWINN SKYLINER for $100, which converts to 48.45 GBP. It included upgraded options, extra tires, KRYPTONITE lock, lights,etc. It's a low-end bike that sold new for $170(82.37 GBP), but it fits my needs.

My new RALEIGH cruiser cost $250(121.13 GBP).

My rusty 1976 SCHWINN cost me $5(2.43GBP).

How much is 87 octane petrol?

Myron

:eek:That's UNBELIEVABLE!:eek:

I didn't realize you blokes had to invest so much into your bicycles.:eek:

On Sunday, I bought a year-old SCHWINN SKYLINER for $100, which converts to 48.45 GBP. It included upgraded options, extra tires, KRYPTONITE lock, lights,etc. It's a low-end bike that sold new for $170(82.37 GBP), but it fits my needs.

My new RALEIGH cruiser cost $250(121.13 GBP).

My rusty 1976 SCHWINN cost me $5(2.43GBP).

How much is 87 octane petrol?

Myron

Current costs as follows

Schwinn Deluxe 7 - £379.00
32cc Tanaka kit - £272.00 approx
110db alarm - £10
bike computer - £6
indicator/lights - £9
Cable ties - £1
Repairs (headset) - £18.50

Fuel per UK litre is about £1.04 which means per uk gallon is £4.72

total $ for build = 1427.25

Current costs as follows

Schwinn Deluxe 7 - £379.00
32cc Tanaka kit - £272.00 approx
110db alarm - £10
bike computer - £6
indicator/lights - £9
Cable ties - £1
Repairs (headset) - £18.50

Fuel per UK litre is about £1.04 which means per uk gallon is £4.72

total $ for build = 1427.25

JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY!:eek:

SCHWINN costs $782.22
Tanaka kit cost $561.38
alarm cost........$20.64
computer cost...$12.38
lights cost.........$18.58
ties cost...........$2.06
repairs cost.......$38.18

and GASOLINE costs $9.76/U.S. gallon!:eek:

Myron

God, what a bunch of spoiled brats we are to complain about gas prices! the Brits must think we're a bunch of wankers!

Petrol here in New Zealand costs $NZ1.70 a litre which is round about $US4.00 a gallon depending on the exchange rate. Even so British petrol is waaaay more expensive that it is here in NZ and us Kiwis thought we were hard done by. :eek:

God, what a bunch of spoiled brats we are to complain about gas prices! the Brits must think we're a bunch of wankers!
yup! so too the rest of the globe...time we faced reality, and had some fun in the bargain, too :)

I forgot you can add £40 for delivery and probably about £70 for taxes as well.. *sigh*

Managed to have a go trying to get the rear wheel off... I though the bolts were welded the tightness of them bit there is a lot of thread :D. I ended up using a hammer on the end of the socket handle to even get the bolt to move.. just hope that didnt do anything untoward...

As far as other things - they arent really going well - I have been put on a natural antidepressant, which doesnt seem to be helping any - I am trying to avoid meds if there is any chance, but with things as they are..

thanks for all the support...

Jemma xx

Back