New profile for 16,000 mile ride

thirstybike

Local time
1:33 PM
Hey Guys,

I've been on the forum for a while but just made a new profile for my Thirsty Bike project. It's a 16,000 mile trek from Augusta, Ga to Ushuaia, Argentina. I am about 1,200 miles in right now. Keep up at thirstybike.org, facebook is thirstybike.org, and just look for thirsty bike on youtube for my channel with some videos of my journey so far!

And thanks for all the great help in deciding what setup to use for my expedition bike. I'll try and get a profile of it up soon because it is pretty sick!

well if you make it to Colombia and Ecuador let me know and maybe I can help in some small way.

I certainly hope you are going with a group of people, are fluent in spanish, have a money belt, and spare EVERYTHING for your bike on a trailer before you cross the border.Tell many people where you are, your route and when you'll be checking in.BE CAREFUL!

prepared

I have been planning this for four years. I carry plenty of spare parts, many many people know where I am, Estoy aprendiendo español, I have more than a money belt for backup in that regard but don't go into details online. I will say I have plenty of certified copies of my passport hidden around. This isn't a trek I have taken lightly.

I have been backpacking in remote areas since I was a child plus I have over 4,000 hours kayaking (mostly solo) in the first 5 years of my 20's. I'll be 30 in December.

The bike frame and trailer are both steel for easier wielding in remote locations.

And I carry plenty of Gorilla Tape. I would be scared to do this without it! That stuff rocks!

Very cool.The language is the main thing to keep you from harm, any grief, tell them of your project, and that you'll be writing an article, most everybody is swayed by the "I may written about and become famous?!" bug.
Gorilla tape, ahhh yes, the only duct tape that will take the skin off fingertips.

Back