New project idea

KCvale

Motorized Bicycle Vendor
I’ve welded up my two hubs and, after some polishing, I’ll be ready to build my wheels.
This 24" 3" wide Kenda Flame tire would be good to build to.

RedGT2done2L[1].jpg

Triple tree disc brake front forks.
36h 24" disc brake front wheel that stands 26" with those Kenda tires.
SA disc brake 5-speed internal shifter rear wheel.

Those balloon tires would fit your bike.

Timbone

This 24" 3" wide Kenda Flame tire would be good to build to.

View attachment 82852

Triple tree disc brake front forks.
36h 24" disc brake front wheel that stands 26" with those Kenda tires.
SA disc brake 5-speed internal shifter rear wheel.

Those balloon tires would fit your bike.
SAS Halos are my plan but that keeps me at about 2” wide. What kind of rims did you use for that build?

KCvale

Motorized Bicycle Vendor

Timbone

Those are certainly beautiful bikes, real showroom stuff! I am sure you have many happy customers out there!

I’ve always had bad luck with stock rims warping. Once I found the SAS Halo, all that stress went away. 2” tires are ok, but I would prefer 3”.

Timbone

Wait until you see my fuel tank scheme/ idea!

Thanks for your comments.

I’ll be ordering seal bearings and spokes to complete my wheelset, order my shock absorber, and order handlebars and throttle body in order to make an end of August deadline. May as well snag a set of disk brakes for front and back. Oh, and a hub adapter for my 44T sprocket...

I still have some welding work: maybe one more gusset for the frame, brake caliper brackets and welding on my gas tank and fittings.

Then there are mirrors, headlight, taillight, brake light, turn signals, and chain. Maybe that’s all???

Timbone

Couldn’t help but do a rough fit of the front end to get a feel for how this will look.

CA0458CA-44C8-4506-BA29-05FC591C177D.jpeg
C04C66C9-C077-4FAA-AA86-133E95A59EE4.jpeg

Timbone

Front end is complete. Still need to weld on a disk brake caliper mount. Front wheel is built, ready for the road. Tomorrow I plant to put in the kickstand. Haven’t quite finished the bracket for that.

Handle bars are on order. Mono shock is on order. Spokes for my rear wheel build are in transit. I’ll have a rolling chassis soon.

Attachments